Skip to main content

Here one for picking up the toys

More
13 years 5 months ago #37897 by melonreo
well swishmiester
looks like blacksmith pete has got hold of your $#it stirrin stick and smacked you with it
luv it , yup yup, lov it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37898 by mammoth
If an F7 body truck only does 90km it either has wrong gearing or the brakes are on. The 16 speed box would make it a useful highway tool with the .84 overdrive ratio. I have the same configuration with an F86 project but will be using 10x22.5 tubeless tyres to cut rolling resistance just that little bit.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 5 months ago #37899 by Swishy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
L@@ky

Looks like sumone haz been pek n @ the keyboard
LOL

U dun well BSPete
But
Don't give up u're day job just yet
LOL

In cumm n Animation
So watch it

LOL

img152.imageshack.us/img152/1623/bspete.gif

T O U C H E

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 5 months ago #37900 by ianoz

Hi Ian. what gearbox does she have? They are a reliable old truck although slow. We had a couple at cleanaway. 90ks flat out. Air accelarator too just like a big Mack.

Hi Paul , Its got a 13 ? speed RR Low first gear and split the top box one .Think it was a cleanaway hooklift ,that had the tilt put on it . Its only tilt , no slide .. Ian .

More
13 years 5 months ago #37901 by bigcam
Ian, at a geuss that will be a RTO 9513, or RTO 11613. The gearbox was allways the weakest link in the Ovlov's. Good motors, the F7 makes a 3208, 6V53, 555, look like it is a dead set slug.
Tilt only has a couple of advantages over Tilt and and Slide, 1- 1 1/2 tonne lighter, and generally stronger ( unless I've had anything to do with it LOL). Downside, the ram mount to the chassis needs to be well engineered, and your stuck with one angle which is generally a bit steep.
Nice looking bit of gear.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37902 by ianoz
Hi Bigcam , Taken a bit to make it look good .Been waiting 2 weeks for volvo to tell us if they can get front indacators for it .After being told the headlight surrounds were part of the grill and not available ,then no, not part of the grill and now availible . Ian .

More
13 years 5 months ago #37903 by paul404
Hi Ian. I was thinking ex cleanaway. The two i had something to do with were fitted with allison autos. They were geared low for around town i would imagine. The hook lift one was a ex front lift truck. they would buy a new truck for front lift and flog it for 4 or 5 years then put a hook on it for another 5 years. They were on Hendrickson and rockwell so the running gear was cheap to maintain.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37904 by Blacksmithpete
Nice try Swishy
Ill Givya 3 points for the annimation
But u have let the team down with your inturprtation of what I and my workshop look like
the anvil is wrong the forge is wrong need i say anymore

Ian as for your indicators there use to be a mob on Ebay selling them but that was when truck paurts were seperate frome car parts now they are all together

/me

More
13 years 5 months ago #37905 by paul404
Heres the hook.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37906 by bigcam
Ian, there is an F7 at Rocklea wreckers, fairly complete, except the the grill headlights indicators etc are gone. I suppose they are the only parts you need?

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds