Skip to main content

Licence Costs

More
15 years 8 months ago #3148 by GM Diesel
Licence Costs was created by GM Diesel
What does it cost to licence a tandem drive prime mover and tri trailer in Victoria ?
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3149 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Licence Costs
Have a look at www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/RegistrationFees.htm
down the bottom of the page.
And tinyurl.com/6d9orr this is a pdf of the prices of truck & trailer Rego

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by The Shadow.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3150 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Licence Costs
Thanks for that. Just curios to see how much you guys pay.
Barry

More
15 years 8 months ago #3151 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Licence Costs
If you intend to use it as a 'toy' (ie not commercial purposes) there is the optin of the 'Club Permit' scheme for around $105 but you have to be a member of an authorised club (such as the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Australia Inc who run this forum).

However you can't use it for hire or reward but you can use it for any authorised club run or obtain a 'Special Use Permit' from one of the Vicroads authorised club signatories and so far that has covered me as when I went to register my Inter years ago it was almost $900 to register as a daily driver. It was hard to justify the extra expenditure to she who pays the bills when we had spent what money we had getting it to the roadworthy stage.

Since then more or work has been done as time and circumstances permit.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3152 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Licence Costs
We have a similar concessional licencing system over here. Costs about $80 a year for a truck. But modified trucks eg repowered are not eligble so it puts alot of vehicles out of the scheme and as a result dont hit the road. The only mods allowed are safety items eg indicators.
It is interesting that the cost to licence a primemover and tri trailer in Vic is exactly the same as WA to the dollar.
Barry

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds