Skip to main content

Old trucks you see working.

• Topic Author
15 years 6 months ago #4923 by
Other day i was just driving along the ring road and got passed by a Mack Flinstone tipper for it's age it was still going well.

And then theres that R190 still working for Vic Roads i spoke to the bloke who owns her and he had own her since new.

And just Yesterday saw in Richmond about a 1975 TK on petrol carrying a pack of timber and it was heading to our yard. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4924 by werkhorse
Well come on down to Tassie if ya want to see oldies on the road we've got a few 3070's running around, lot's of Beddies, old LNT ford's you name it it's most likely still running on the road's down here

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
15 years 6 months ago #4925 by GM Diesel
There is some good old stuff still running over here.
R200 still running around with a drill rig on it. Some Autocars, coupla Oskoshs, Loadstar Inters. Andy, whos the mob with the big 9500 GMC with the 8-71 convertor in it ? Run out of a yard in Clayton road round the corner from where you were until you abandoned ship.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4926 by kennymopar
i just done a newcastle to north QLD trip ..almost 100% of the "overniters" are late model trucks..my UD 1985 model was antique in comparison ...around town its a different story though one bussiness has a 1960s F500 tilt tray..& one of the larger companies runs a lot of Mack trucks from the 1970s up till the later models

More
15 years 6 months ago #4927 by huppypuppy

Other day i was just driving along the ring road and got passed by a Mack Flinstone tipper for it's age it was still going well.

And then theres that R190 still working for Vic Roads i spoke to the bloke who owns her and he had own her since new.

And just Yesterday saw in Richmond about a 1975 TK on petrol carrying a pack of timber and it was heading to our yard. Dave

Dave,

Leo Fardell still has an old "Flinty" and he still works!
Here he is:

More
15 years 6 months ago #4928 by roadcommander2

Saw this cracking looking Volvo in Yarraville last week.
It looks as though she has recently been refurbished.
What does anybody know about her?

• Topic Author
15 years 6 months ago #4929 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old trucks you see working.
Well, firstly it's a G 89, which designates it as having been fitted with the "BIG" motor, along with all the other heavy bits and would have been used for the highway or some similar heavy haul application.

It has been too good a truck, to let go to rust and just waste away, so the owner should be given some encouragement for looking after the old girl, whilst still making a bob from her.

They were an exceptionally decent comfortable truck to drive and the horses were all working as well, they pulled very hard for a European truck, which was a bit unusual for those times.

Have a look at this site, a bit of general info available on these vehicles.

www.volvo.com/trucks/global/en-gb/aboutu...970s/F89_and_G89.htm

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
15 years 2 months ago #4930 by Coupeute
An R190 with 160 cummins does regular trips from Robertson to Gular with single axle cattle float trailer.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
15 years 2 months ago #4931 by Bcr2734
i know of a flintstone at gilgandra and a r model, 3070 working at galehgabone. WIsh i owned the flinstone! :(

1980 Mack Superliner R726 ( under resto)&&Scammel: Need Parts PM me!&&1968 KC Bedfor

More
15 years 2 months ago #4932 by huppypuppy

i know of a flintstone at gilgandra and a r model, 3070 working at galehgabone. WIsh i owned the flinstone! :(

bcr2734,

Can you tell me (if you can) who owns the Flinty at Gilgandra???

Joe

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds