Skip to main content

NSW cameras

More
15 years 5 months ago #5225 by atkipete
NSW cameras was created by atkipete
I was up in NSW lately and all the trucks on the Hume seemed to be doing the right thing. Mind you it was daytime. Has the Safe T Cam made a difference or is it just another means of raising $$

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5226 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: NSW cameras
na you still see the ocasional monkey lookalike peddling a semi at incredible speeds in the wee hours of the morning.. as long as you take a break .. a piss or a meal stop before the next safety cam theres about 0% chance of being caught

More
15 years 4 months ago #5227 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: NSW cameras
When I am driving the freight truck I go pass 2 safety cams, but at the speed the truck is set I don't need to take a brake. As I will have 10min to spare. :(
But I still need to take a brake as the truck is fitted with GPS tracking.
The other big problem is when I get to ACT the F.P. do not know what to do with my log book, as they don't know any thing about the new books :)

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
15 years 4 months ago #5228 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Cameras / Log Books
I was wondering if the loonies didnt still come out at night. Dont quite understand why anyone would risk their truck licence (which would take several years to get back) in order to get someone elses freight there an hour earlier.
A mate of mine is doing Tarcutta changeovers, the truck is never ready on time and he is supposed to do Melbourne / Tarcutta in 5 hours without stopping. Has to write in an imaginary half hour (unpaid) break at Seymour to do it.
What are these new log books ? My current one dates from 2005 and still has plenty of pages left so i will keep using it till officially told otherwise.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5229 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: NSW cameras
you have till the 18 dec to get your new log book "working diary" basically they were made for the reason of a truck going interstate ..then for example you may have 10 dropoff points in your home town..but because your in your home town you dont need to carry or produce your logbook(using the old rules) ..now its basically a work diary you need to fill in basically when you open your truck door ... im thinking to downgrade my truck from 14ton GVM to just under the 12 ton log book requirement

More
15 years 4 months ago #5230 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: NSW cameras
The new work diary is causing some drama for interstate drivers with the different time zones.
Some are nominating Vic time and using that time zone across to WA then back which sort of makes sense. Some are adjusting their diarys as they cross the borders and others are starting a new day page when they cross a time zone.
The big problem I found coming across was the coppers had different opinions on which method I should be using also.
If you stay with one time zone irrespective of where you are in Aus then your diary is a true reflection of what you have done.
Some of the fellas that have used the 2 hours time differance from Vic to WA to their advantage are in trouble now. It is also pointless as you lose your 2 hours coming back.
I got in trouble in SA because I dint have my truck rego entered at one of my logged rest stops.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #5231 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: NSW cameras
Pete, Baz asked me to post this for you to have a squiz at:

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 4 months ago #5232 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: NSW cameras
Thanks Baz and Andy, it is slightly clearer now. Looks like the old log book in the top part except for odometer reading. What the hell is BFM and AFM and all that stuff. I must have a read on the Vicroads site and see if I can still use my current one within Victoria.

15 years 4 months ago #5233 by
Replied by on topic Re: NSW cameras
There new radio stations for listening to the cops just before they pull you over ;D ;D. Dave

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 4 months ago #5234 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: NSW cameras
Bazil
GuddayM8

U got problems

please appear B 4 the Perth court in the fornoon 1st April 2009
to answer misdameaners on the new Fatigue Management
National Driver Work Diary Daily sheet