Skip to main content

Chamberlain 3380.... not B

More
10 years 10 months ago #118252 by elgindale
Our 4080 had the transmission pressure light flickering from new ,the dealer replaced the sensor but didn't fix the problem so they blamed it on vibration everything was still working alright 6500 hours later when we sold it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118253 by 77louie400
What's happening with the 3380, just put away for later? just a word of warning if you go down the new pump parth dont do what I did, I put the new pump on and just carried on every thing working very good then about three months late I was doing some ripping and got the riper stuck under a rockbar and I lifted the ripper at full reves and blew the pump to little pices, the bloke that had it before me had been playing with relief valve put it together wrong, the way you would expect it to go but the actuator the wrong way around so make sure you check the relief valve before you tear off down the padock.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118254 by Mrsmackpaul
I thought the relief valve was on the pump I just put mine on and away I went still going strong years latter

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 10 months ago #118255 by 77louie400
The stuff on the pump is the priority valve for the power steering, the relief valve is in the spoolvalve, at least it is with mine,4080 dual remotes non three point linkage
it now has after market TPL feed from the remotes.

Also I started to mount the power steering valves remote from the pump so I could run a of the shelf pump but found a couple of pumps at the right price lucky as one didn't last very long, it only needs to be a flat plate with a couple of hose fittings taped into it, that and a spline addaptor.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118256 by Sarge
Have just finished night shift, 3380 and ACCO 2 speed on my list, but not on anyone elses.... :'(

One thing I have to check first because it is the cheapest and easiest check... try another ram. Nicked one off my mates scari, so will head off into the dirt tomorrow or Saturday. Fingers crossed....
The vendor sent his son 285K to my work office just to drop off a receipt so I can only assume they thought every thing was in good order... (his girly girl is at uni here so not a wasted trip :D)

Will keep you informed.... and will be doing all the filters so I know a. they are done
b. not the problem. :)

Made the minster of finance hop in and do a start up... it starts easier than any other vehicle on the place. (Alright, I have done that now let me out!!!!!)

many thanks for all the advice and encouragment and phone calls...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118257 by knighty
Hey sarge,it will probably be the the pump, the power steering runs on the pump on the rear of the main pump, the little lever on the rh side is for adjusting the 3pl when hooking up, i've only seen the up down lever on c series chamb's which converts control from 3pl to hyd lift, we have 4080's which i assume would be the same, had the same problem a few years ago, pump was a bit over a grand :'( :'( :'(, hope this helps jk

Lotsa Big Toys

More
10 years 10 months ago #118258 by Mrsmackpaul

sarge uploaded these thought it might help give some information on how to adjust relief valve it does say on page 4 and 8 the valve is on the pump but the book and my self could be wrong
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 10 months ago #118259 by 77louie400
I think the one on the pump is only relief for the steering, the one that dose the damage is back on the control valve there is a drawing a bit further though the book that shows it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118260 by Sarge
Well my head has been well and truly done in today, only had 40 minutes to play, fitted alternative ram

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118261 by ianoz
Good to hear it was only something simple Sarge .

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds