Skip to main content

Chamberlain CJD 895

More
10 years 6 months ago #124966 by daffid
Chamberlain CJD 895 was created by daffid
Hallo, I own a chamberlain backhoe loader CJD 895, I guess about 1976, I need to know more about its 2 x 2speed gear boxes with no clutch, just a forward or back lever. what type of transmission oil and what quantity? any plans or drawings? any info at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124967 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: Chamberlain CJD 895
The tractor unit is Chamberlain Mk4. It has a Borg Warner Velvet drive for the fwd/rev, a two speed drop box and a 2 speed secondary gearbox. The velvet drive uses ATF, not sure on the capacity, because it also supplies the torque converter, oil cooler etc. The other boxes run SAE 90 or 90/140 gear oil, hold about 1.7L in the dropbox, and 19.3L in the secondary, as it is a common supply to the diff. What other info do you need? Are you giving the old girl a bit of love? I have a parts book for the tractor if you require any parts diagrams.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124968 by daffid
Replied by daffid on topic Re: Chamberlain CJD 895
thanks for info, my initial problem was, I saw the level on the dipstick was halfway between the two marks, so I topped it up with car atf. it started slipping and got worse until almost no drive at all even in lowest gear. I have a hilly block and driving uphill in lowest gear on max revs at 1 kph blew all the atf out of the breather. I have now bought some expensive tractor atf but not put it in yet. I want to replace the filter underneath first. do you know the part no? any internal drawings of the auto box/drive train would be greatly appreciated.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124969 by dieseldog
Sounds like the charge pump has given up the ghost, or the Belleville springs that hold the clutches together are broken. Both are common faults. You can still get parts, the tranny's were common on boats and were fitted to some John Deere log skidders. A good automatic transmission workshop can probably point you in the right direction. First I would change the filter, clean the screens and renew the oil and pressure test it. That will give you some idea as to what is going on. I will have a look in my parts book and see what numbers I can turn up.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124970 by dieseldog
Transmission oil cooler filter number is CHAM32367, which crosses to a Ryco R10P, which then I suppose you can cross to whichever brand you like.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124971 by daffid
Replied by daffid on topic Re: Chamberlain CJD 895
I'm still waiting for the filter (Tas time). I put some atf in that was intended for older holdens it seemed to grip more and for the first time I drove in 3rd gear on the flat. back in first gear,I drove up the first part of my hill, it got slower and slower, when I got there, and shut down, I think the breather must be blocked because the dipstick blew out. any ideas what my problem is??

More
6 years 7 months ago #185546 by Sanctuary
Replied by Sanctuary on topic Re: Chamberlain CJD 895
Hey dielseldog,
Do you have a parts book for the Chamberlain 791? Particularly the drop box / torque converter?
Sanctuary

More
6 years 7 months ago #185547 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Chamberlain CJD 895
www.griffithstraders.com.au//partsbooks/...ransmission_372.html

Here you go Sanctuary, I've found these Blokes very fair to deal with over the Years.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanctuary

More
6 years 7 months ago #185581 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Chamberlain CJD 895
Sanctuary, I have a parts book for the Mk 4 industrial tractor, which the backhoe is based upon. I'll have to dig it out and have a gander for you.

More
6 years 3 months ago #189710 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Chamberlain CJD 895
Sanctuary mate, I have found the parts book and operators manual for the Mk 4 industrial tractor. I also found a book from a Chamberlain service school which covers a bit of the hydraulic system theory on the backhoes, including drawings of the control valve, if you haven’t been able to repair your one yet.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds