Skip to main content

early english vans

More
10 years 4 months ago #129040 by hypermung
Replied by hypermung on topic Re: early english vans

Ahem, er, ah 'scuse me an sorry fer interuptin' a suprisingly interesting thread but,
(ain't personally never much bovver meself wif "Tractors and Other old stuff")

What's the protocol of getting stuff "off the land"?
I know someone owns or controls the dirt part but especially in desert country, one often sees interesting bits of gear laying about seemingly collecting nothing but age and bullets while miraculously surviving the elements and passing scrub fires.

Should you just pick it up or is it polite practice to try and find the land owner first?

I does seem a waste to just let it lay there draining away unloved and unwanted.

just saying,

-b

Good point Bob....
I'd NEVER go onto someone's land & just 'remove' what you want & wouldn't condone it..... That's called theft & would be the easiest way of dying from lead poisoning... ;D
All this stuff I residing at a rubbish dump in the middle of no-where so surely it's been given up to whoever wants it? I went there some 15 years ago & the place was literally covered in pre loved vehicles from the 30's 40's & 50's..... All gone now as the 'scrappys' have been through & crushed / removed it all :'(...... These remain because they're in a spot too hard to get to

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129041 by hypermung

Hypermung,
(re:rat, sh-h-h-h they don't officially know we're here yet. if we don't talk about it it ain't happening.)

::)
-b

OK Bob...... Mum's the word ;)

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129042 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: early english vans

Good point Bob....
I'd NEVER go onto someone's land & just 'remove' what you want & wouldn't condone it..... That's called theft & would be the easiest way of dying from lead poisoning... Grin
All this stuff I residing at a rubbish dump in the middle of no-where so surely it's been given up to whoever wants it? I went there some 15 years ago & the place was literally covered in pre loved vehicles from the 30's 40's & 50's..... All gone now as the 'scrappys' have been through & crushed / removed it all Cry...... These remain because they're in a spot too hard to get to

Possibly not...........

I have carted scrap for many years and been asked to clean up many 'on property tips'..
And also been asked to leave particular items in place for whatever the reason...
The bloke who put it there may not be the bloke that owns it now....the new bloke might like old junk..and he may like it left just where it is....

I'm tippin Ol Mate would be upset seein his 'not finished with it yet', sentimental gadget on someones tandem trailer heading up the road.. :-[

chocs 8-)

More
10 years 4 months ago #129043 by hypermung
All this stuff I residing at a rubbish dump in the middle of no-where so surely it's been given up to whoever wants it? [/quote]

Possibly not...........

I have carted scrap for many years and been asked to clean up many 'on property tips'..
And also been asked to leave particular items in place for whatever the reason...
The bloke who put it there may not be the bloke that owns it now....the new bloke might like old junk..and he may like it left just where it is....

I'm tippin Ol Mate would be upset seein his 'not finished with it yet', sentimental gadget on someones tandem trailer heading up the road.. :-[

chocs 8-)[/quote]

Perhaps I should have clarified here chocs that this is NOT a private property dump...... It is in fact a scheduled municipal tip still in use by the townsfolk. So, who owns it? The townsfolk who dumped it eons ago? [smiley=undecided.gif] or perhaps the 'Council' now? 'The Council' have already shown their intentions by crushing / removing all the other beautiful vehicles years ago.... The only reason this survived is because of the location it's in was probably too hard for the lazy buggers to bother about it!

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #129044 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: early english vans
Yar,

Just the point of issue I was thinking of.

Standin' close as it catched it's last bullet (and not hearin' the second one).

Or,

Pulling up in the next town for a refreshing ale, pleased as Billyo for a job well done and then being confronted by a hastily convened posse of irate local's.

'twd take the happy glow off the days proceedings.

Be careful and ask first might be the safest approach.

A supervised tip has a clear controller as to who, what, when and how (possibly savage rights or OHS responsibilities et cetera), problem solved.

Now,
Back to "early English van's". please.

Hey Bugly,
I didn't realise how talented you were.
The Cadburys van.
Well done.

I thought you just spent your life searching the world for MB bits to resurrect old Avgas tankers.
Live and learn.

-b

See also;
1949_pickup's post

from

HCVC Vintage Truck Forum

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 4 months ago #129045 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: early english vans

Hey Bugly,
I didn't realise how talented you were.
The Cadburys van.
Well done.

I thought you just spent your life searching the world for MB bits to resurrect old Avgas tankers.
Live and learn.

-b

When I sold Bugly it was mechanically restored and a bright red colour, needing a body 'make-over' ...

[IMG

Here it is in the dry dock getting the body treatment. Photos courtesy of the new owner ...

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Looks different now, aye? 8-) 8-)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 4 months ago #129046 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: early english vans
Well Bugly, Do you still have to buy Chocolate? ;D

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 3 months ago #129047 by Bugly

Well Bugly, Do you still have to buy Chocolate? ;D

Yep, hayseed. They wouldn't come to the party on that one!! ;D

But look what I found ... but only as a picture! Now I'm trying to find a shop that sells the tins of chockies!

[IMG

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 3 months ago #129048 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: early english vans

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 3 months ago #129049 by Bugly
Thanks Swishy!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'll have a bo-peep at Coles and see what they've got hiding!!

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds