Skip to main content

International Farmall AMD

More
10 years 2 months ago #136034 by asw120
Just to help bring the forum back on topic a bit......

I have this thing sitting down the back of my place.
A bloke who got evicted was going to scrap it, so I got him to bring it here instead for the same money. (which was never finalised, but it's been here maybe 7 years? I figure I own it.)

I'd like to start getting it movable, so I can get it near the shed. Typically, it's had water down the exhaust, so it'll be a big job to get going. I'd prefer something a bit smaller, really, but you have to take what you can get.

I'd like to find one, or two front rims for it (capable of having tyres fitted) and one back tyre and tube. Anyone in SEQ got any rough ones laying about?

Cheers, ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #136035 by melonreo
now that is a classy toy, I like my farmalls

More
8 years 4 months ago #164354 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic International Farmall AMD
After a bit of messing around, I managed to drag this thing down to the shed. On the first attempt all I managed to do was dig four big holes. I swear it's in neutral, but I had to winch the clutch in to move it.

Yep, that's water coming back through the return line from the tank. It yielded about 25 litres of water, followed by nearly 20 litres of diesel. (which might be 30 years old?)

I magine my disappointment to find all four pots full of water.

Off with the sump next, after I drain all the water and emulsion out. Don't hold your breath for the next installment....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 months ago #164356 by AB120
Replied by AB120 on topic International Farmall AMD
will not take you long to get it going mate
graham

More
8 years 4 months ago #164359 by Mrsmackpaul
no problem at all for a good lift mechanic LOL
She'll be right as long as the starter motor is good pretty sure you cant get any parts for the starter anymore

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 4 months ago #164360 by asw120
Ha! Wish it had a starter. There was one with it, but not installed. It seems mighty small and much like a Hillman Hunter one, though the pinion looks right, but it's a pull-in one, I need a push-out one. Not spending that kind of money if I can't get the pistons out!

I'd love to know what it should have. I imagine it's the same as AWD6?

There will be an update some time this decade......

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 months ago #164363 by pcp20us
Replied by pcp20us on topic International Farmall AMD
Ha mate.

I am working on a inter 564 atm.... There a wreckers in dalby called prices, they got yards full of tractors trucks and everything else. I ve been getting parts there , they may have what you need.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164378 by asw120
Thanks, I'll keep them in mind. I didn't know they had tractors. This thing's complete except for the starter motor.
I'll have a go at bashing the pistons out over the next few weeks / months.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 months ago #164401 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic International Farmall AMD
Good stuff. The water in those pots looks pretty clean so you shouldn't have much trouble getting the pistons out. Now that the injector pump has got air in it, I would get that side cover off it, dry it out and fill it back up with diesel until your ready to start it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164418 by asw120
DD: is that the plate just below the pipe unions with 4 staked screws in it? Amazingly, the primer still works and the four pipes are full, not sure if water, or diesel, though.

That water in the pots is more like black mud, but at least it's not orange. The two middle ones do have old tide marks, though. They are all in there pretty solid, though I reckon I'll get 1 and 4 out easily enough. I plan to get 2 and 3 out complete with sleeves and then press them out, but the skirts are flush with the bottom of the sleeves so it'll be tricky.

I wanted to use a back wheel as a slide hammer, but something is stuck in the back end. Even out of gear, I can't turn one wheel (jacked up) unless I also push the clutch in. I'm quite sure it's in neutral, since it seems to select gears, but only four at this stage. (I think these are 5 and reverse) I s'pose I'll have to take the top off the back end. Probably full of water as well; I just dropped about a bucket full out of the engine sump. Crank was sitting in toxic waste (emulsion), pistons look OK from underneath. The sump weighs a ton!

I have had 1 and 4 sleeves move a few thou up in the block (prying on the crank), so I'll probably try to get those out first. Hopefully they will knock out from underneath.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.705 seconds