Skip to main content

Champion Spark Plug Cleaner & tester

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #13127 by Rusty Engines
Hi All
Restored this earlier this year as something different to do, does anybody know how to date it the only date I could find was a next test date tag on the power cord which said
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Rusty Engines.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #13128 by bigcam
I did my apprenticeship at Denmac Ford in the truck workshop.They had one of these in the car workshop.It had a sandblasting part to clean up the spark plug,and then when you tested them on the same machine,they were invariably cactus.Did Champion supply these to sell more spark plugs?
;) 8-) ::)

14 years 7 months ago #13129 by
I remember seeing those machines in a servo I worked at where you served the people with petrol checked the oil & water etc do you remember those days ;). Dave :'(

More
14 years 7 months ago #13130 by huppypuppy

Hi All
Restored this earlier this year as something different to do, does anybody know how to date it the only date I could find was a next test date tag on the power cord which said

More
14 years 5 months ago #13131 by John H
Hi sorry can't date it but, we had one of these at the workshop that I served my apprenticeship in the seventies, there were still plenty of 50's and 60's Humbers, Zephyers, etc around then. It worked quite well and seemed to give the plugs another life for a while anyway. We were the local Rootes group, Chrysler dealer at the time in Huntly NZ. William Gill and sons.

More
14 years 5 months ago #13132 by monty
Very Nice Rusty !! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

More
13 years 7 months ago #13133 by goodo
Hi I have just acquired a plug tester like yours,but cannot get it to spark,any suggestions how to fix or get bits to fix?
olvinut

More
13 years 7 months ago #13134 by ianoz
Hi Goodo, Welcome to the forum . I am not sure If rusty engines comes here very often ,but i will see if i can get onto him at the TOMM forum to help you if possible . Ian .

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #13135 by Thunders-Truk
Bigcam, the problem with the cleaners was that the sandblasting part would take the glaze off the ceramic around the electrode, the rough surface then gave the carbon something to hang onto and the plugs would foul up not long after that. >:(

Tony

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Thunders-Truk.

More
13 years 6 months ago #13136 by Rusty Engines

Hi I have just acquired a plug tester like yours,but cannot get it to spark,any suggestions how to fix or get bits to fix?
olvinut

The spark part on mine looks just like a Model 'T' buzz coil so somthing must be wrong with the buzz coil
I was lucky the buzz coil on mine worked, you will have to find some one near you who knows how to test it and set it up
Ian

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds