Skip to main content

Champion Spark Plug Cleaner & tester

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #13137 by Motu

Hi sorry can't date it but, we had one of these at the workshop that I served my apprenticeship in the seventies, there were still plenty of 50's and 60's Humbers, Zephyers, etc around then. It worked quite well and seemed to give the plugs another life for a while anyway. We were the local Rootes group, Chrysler dealer at the time in Huntly NZ. William Gill and sons.

I found one in the back room at work a couple of years ago,and got it working for use in the workshop.A later model,grey with more rounded corners.And I work at Roger Gill Mts in Huntly.

When the old boy died the business was split up amongst his sons - Brian got the truck shop (he still goes in every day) and Roger got the car shop,his son Phill now owns the car shop....which is now 2 branches and a tractor shop too (Case).There was a boat shop too which another son got,but long gone and defunct.I was working at RFL just after they got the Fuso's,all our parts came from Gills.

Ooops,I see now that you are in Hamilton,I thought you must be in Oz like everyone else here....
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Motu.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds