Skip to main content

Toft tractors (Austrack)

More
6 years 1 week ago #192614 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
What about the 10 indicating 1000 series and the second digits the serial.

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192615 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)

Lang wrote: What about the 10 indicating 1000 series and the second digits the serial. Lang

That would indicate that there were 25 made but Toft only made 20.That would work if serial numbers didn't start at 1.I have the 988th Lister engine made but it's serial number is 2088 as Lister started their serial numbers at 1100,I am thinking Toft may have done something similar perhaps numbering prototypes.I have tried various internet searches but I can't find any Toft serial numbers .

You can't have too many toys!

More
6 years 1 week ago #192616 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
The Toft skidsteers had a very problematic set of bevel drive /wheel drives........I did some repairs on one for a guy years ago,and he had several of the things for spares,all with the bevels out.I dont remember a great about them,except there was a massive circlip in the bevels....beyond any tool I had to remove.The bevels were a pretty poor effort,too,IIRC....But ,with the engineering gear I have sitting out in the weather now,at that time I was able to modify/repair enough bits to get the machine operational...........Strangely,he rang me up a while ago,wanted me to look at a dozer for him.....I said ...You still owe me money,what about paying.......No need to ,he says ,we ve sold some land and we re rich now.......and rich people dont pay anyone.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192617 by oliver1950
Thank you I will keep an eye on the bevel drives.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192626 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
John, you might be talking about the Wildcat. Tofts were fully hydrostatic, no bevel drives.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192628 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
Yep,must have been......I havent seen one since anyway....You could knock up something like that pretty cheap now....there heaps of hydrostatic gear hubs and pumps around from out of time EWPs.....usually the things are scrapped in one piece...they dont even bother salvaging the Deutz motors.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192631 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)

JOHN.K. wrote: Yep,must have been......I havent seen one since anyway....You could knock up something like that pretty cheap now....there heaps of hydrostatic gear hubs and pumps around from out of time EWPs.....usually the things are scrapped in one piece...they dont even bother salvaging the Deutz motors.

I found electric forklifts are also a good source of hydraulic pumps and motors, once the batteries are dead they seem to be a throwaway item.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192646 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)

oliver1950 wrote: I recently bought 2 Toft R1000 tractors but one thing puzzles me,the serial numbers are R1017 and R1025. As there were only 20 made how can 1 be serial no R1025?
Does anyone know where I may find a list of serial numbers?
Thanks

They may have numbered their prototypes as well.

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
6 years 1 week ago #192647 by oliver1950

Eddy wrote:

oliver1950 wrote: I recently bought 2 Toft R1000 tractors but one thing puzzles me,the serial numbers are R1017 and R1025. As there were only 20 made how can 1 be serial no R1025?
Does anyone know where I may find a list of serial numbers?
Thanks

They may have numbered their prototypes as well.

Thanks,I did mention that in an earlier post.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192648 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
I’ve asked the question about the serial numbers on the Toft Facebook page. I’ll let you know if anyone comes up with an answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds