Skip to main content

Toft tractors (Austrack)

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #192654 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
The total number of machines built is 15, starting at R1008D. All were built in June/July of 1978. There may have been some prototypes, but these aren't listed in the production records.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by dieseldog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #192655 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)

dieseldog wrote: The total number of machines built is 15, starting at R1008D. All were built in June/July of 1978. There may have been some prototypes, but these aren't listed in the production records.

Thank you that is very interesting.I still don't understand how I can have R1025,unless I have a prototype that has been given a later serial number.All the information I have is that there were 20 built.If that is correct then R1025 would be the 17th built.Do you have a link to the Facebook page?

You can't have too many toys!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by oliver1950. Reason: added more

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #192678 by dieseldog
The page is simply “Austoft”. It is a small, closed group, so if you have any trouble joining, let me now and I will see if I can add you.

Would you be able to share some photos of your machines, and if so, one of the serial number tags?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #192681 by oliver1950
I will take some photos shortly,I am picking them up this week.I do have a photo of the serial number of one of them, 1025D to research the serial numbers

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by oliver1950. Reason: added photo

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #192721 by oliver1950
I picked them up today.
R1007D is in a bad state but not beyond repair having been left outside and within 5 klms of the coast.It was thrown in the deal for parts

R1025d has been used until recently,I bought it of the estate of the previous owner.Originally open I found out today that the cab was built by the previous owner to Toft specs but with a split screen and an oil cooler added behind the cab.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by oliver1950. Reason: mistake

More
6 years 1 week ago #192727 by dieseldog
Oliver, there is a suggestion that those prior to number 8 may have been a half breed with the Austrack. Have you seen any obvious differences between your two, because if the Tofts started at #8 and they were all made in a single production run, they should all be the same.

Do you mind if I share these on the Toft page?

More
6 years 1 week ago #192732 by oliver1950
The only difference is in the serial numbers R1007D and 1025D the later one is missing the R otherwise both have 3 cylinder Deutz motors same hydralic pumps and hydraulic wheel motors.
You can share them on the Toft page,I am not on Facebook,my wife is that is why I asked for the link but as it is a closed group we haven't tried to access it.I am grateful for your time and effort in doing that for me.

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #192781 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Toft tractors (Austrack)
Many years ago I worked for a company that used these machines with a fork lift attachment to bring crates of chickens out from the chicken sheds and then loaded onto trucks. They needed to be low to get in and out of the sheds and with off road capabilities. Unfortunately they were working beyond their design limits and were always breaking axles.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Southbound.

More
6 years 1 week ago #192786 by oliver1950
These don't have axles,they are driven by a hydraulic motor and hub reduction in each wheel.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds