Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
7 years 4 months ago #177271 by Urchy87
How do you know when it is time to get a new radiator hose? When you feel the need to reinforce it with duct tape. Lol. Mind you it has stood the test of time. Its been like this for a fair period by the looks but once it was getting pulled and squeezed to remove it, it started falling to pieces.

I found this backyard fix a few months back. I have noticed appropriate maintenance was not a strong point for its previous owners so whilst I'm doing a bit to the Inter I replaced the top hose, gave the system a flush and dropped some fresh coolant in.

Adventure before Dementia.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177277 by Mrsmackpaul
I think I am onto what your talking about sorry for been a little slow but am very busy on the farm with crops and the wet season fast approaching

That seal Im pretty sure is just a O ring

One thing to remember about IH gear is they never really built specials and what I mean by that is as general rule the seals bearings O rings nuts and bolts and even the tools are normal off the shelf items were as a lot of other brands had special stuff and needed special tools

I hope this helps

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #177280 by Urchy87
Thanks.

No need to be sorry. We all have lives and things to do.

So with any luck the steel ring just pops easily out of the nut and the o-ring slides in without a fuss.

Urchy87

More
7 years 4 months ago #177291 by Mrsmackpaul
I think it would just dig out with a pick and sort of fold the other new one and work it in slowly

Paul

More
5 years 7 months ago #195892 by Hardtopman
We had a 766 back in the early 80's. with Gason cab. It with a pederick ripper and rake cleared a bunch of mallie county in West river W.A It needed to by run in a higher gear to make it work of it would burn oil.
The German diesel never missed a beat and when farm was sold in 1989 it had worked had and had plenty of hours on it
Back before green JD's were common place Inters ruled lots on the wheat belt

More
9 months 1 week ago #246709 by Urchy87
It’s been a long time since I’ve added to this thread and a lot has changed in my life. Never got around to servicing the hydraulic system as the tractor never ended up doing work, probably done 10 hrs if that since my last post. It survived and is still with me but only looks after 25 Acres of bull dust instead of the cultivation it once had. That’s the short story of this 766’s past 7 years or so.

The Neighbour borrowed it a few months back and it never returned so I went and got it but there is issues. I’ve fixed most but I can not get the rear remotes to work, haven’t tried overly hard either as they aren’t in my knowledge bank. This is an issue as they control the FEL. There is no pressure at all there whilst the tractor is running. When they took it I told them they felt lazy and to keep an eye on them. Oil was low when I collected it but that’s been sorted now. What’s your thoughts guys. This is the rear setup. Thank you.

More
9 months 1 week ago #246713 by oliver1950
Blocked hydraulic filter ?

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis, lemmiwinks

More
9 months 1 week ago #246720 by Mrsmackpaul
Does the linkage work ?

How have you tried to get the remotes to work ?

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
9 months 1 week ago #246730 by hayseed

Blocked hydraulic filter ?

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87, wee-allis

More
9 months 4 days ago - 9 months 4 days ago #246788 by Urchy87
Hi Mrsmackpaul,

The 3PL is working. Just been using the control levers for the bucket. The lever block plate connects into the rear remotes. They have always just worked. Is there something that normally engages the rear remotes?

Is there only the one main filter for the hydraulics down on the right side below the seat? If it’s blocked would it stop the steering also? Drives and steers as it should.

Last edit: 9 months 4 days ago by Urchy87.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds