Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
8 years 1 month ago #168020 by dieseldog
I didn't realise that the FEL had been removed as I can see it in the photo. Like Paul said, the easiest way would be to add additional remote valves to what you have already, but if you wanted to keep the loader valve, the "Power Beyond" valve is the way to go. The valve will have one inlet and two outlets, one outlet supplies the tractor hydraulics and the other supplies the loader valves. Because the power beyond valve is an installed fitting, this will free up the single remote valve for the implement, and keep the loader valve free for whatever is up front. Now, if you wanted to be really tricky, you could add couplers to your loader hoses at the back of your cab and give yourself 2 extra remotes when the loader is not being used. But I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend and what you can find at the wreckers....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168048 by Urchy87
Thanks dieseldog. Slight misunderstanding I think. I have access to another 766 which had a FEL on it but has since been removed. It's one which doesn't run any more so I can grab what I want off it. Mine is the one in the picture and the FEL won't be coming off. Too hard with the way it has been designed.

I spoke to a hydraulic guy today and he thinks I would be better off replacing the two lever system that I have with a three lever unit and leave it at that. He thought if I was to tap into it with the FEL losing some pressure it could cause issues with the other hydraulic connections. I honestly have little to no idea. I'm 'mechanically minded' but have little experience with this stuff.

Didn't get time for pictures today. It was dark when I got home. Damn sun is sneaking away earlier and earlier every day.

Adventure before Dementia.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168084 by dieseldog
From what I can work out, the IH Power Beyond is simply a block that attaches to the side of your remote valves, with a supply and return port for your loader spool valves. This would be your best option and probably the cheapest option as once it is fitted, it will free up your existing remote.

(Borrowed the picture from the Red Power forum.)
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by dieseldog.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168101 by Mrsmackpaul
the original valve pictured in DD photo the red one that the silver one bolts to is what yours should look like and the other tractor you have should also have one of these and if it has you can unbolt the spare one you have on the spare parts tractor and remove it from your spare tractor and get some longer bolts to reach thru the extra spool valve and bolt the extra spool valve on with cost of three bolts you will have your extra remotes

IH tractors like yours could be ordered with up to three as far as I know separate remotes like these one or two was the most common number 3 for row crop tractors was a lot more common no grain farming tractors so with out spending bugger all you should be able to get your extra set of remotes there is no need for a power beyond when done this way

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 1 month ago #168110 by Urchy87
Thanks Guys,

I should get some time again tomorrow to check out what I have existing. Been a tad busy. Should hopefully have time to check the spares tractor on Tuesday. I'm waiting for the guy who's place it is at to get one of the rear wheels back from his neighbor. They are using it as a lone tyre on a chaser bin for I don't know...The past 6/7 years. Once he said I could have the tractor (2 years ago) old mate was told but is resisting to bring it back. Must know that tyre size is hard to come by second hand. I'd happily give it back to him once I got the 766 home. I'm getting a C1820 from the same place as a project and would like to get it out of the weather but don't really want to pay to freight for each machine separate when they will both fit in the one truck. First world problems really so I shouldn't complain.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168133 by Urchy87
So I cleared away some grease and took some photos. There is a photo of the unit that dieseldog posted and some more of the lever assembly. On the levers there is a capped off thread that has an 'R' above it. Would that stand for remote? If so can I use that as the hydraulic supply to a separate lever? If this is the case there is a bung above the return line. I assume it would be a spare return port. Would I tap the return into that or just use the one that is spare at the back of the tractor.

Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #168135 by dieseldog
The port with "R" will be the relief valve. The unit in the first photo is the single remote valve. The two pipes will run to 2 couplers on the back of the tractor. The valve will have a lever connected to it and in one position, oil will flow in one direction and in the other, it will reverse. If the valve in photo 3 is connected to the single remote by one hose, in one coupler (as in your previous photos), the remote lever will have to be locked in to supply oil to the valve. The return from the valve in photo 3 should return to the second coupler. Sometimes, to speed up oil flow, the return oil is returned to the sump by another means with no restriction, such as a filler cap. So to use the single remote (2 couplers on the back) you will have to attach the the valve in photo3 to the power beyond block, or fit additional valves the same as the valve in the first photo.

If you keep the setup you have now and put couplers on the hoses on the valve in photo 3, it will give you 2 "remotes" (4 couplers), but you should run the return back to the single remote where the oil is supplied from. If you look carefully at the valve in photo 3, the supply and return ports are usually marked.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168148 by Urchy87
Yep. What you state in the first paragraph is how I believe it is currently operating. In relation to picture 3 the hose at the very top of the picture has 'in' written above the port and it comes from a quick connect remote at the back of the tractor. The hose below the bung at the bottom of the photo which you can only see the fitting returns back to the hydraulics under the seat through a threaded fitting.

Just so I'm clear on what your saying by couplers do you mean a 'T' piece and would I tap into the supply used in photo number 3. But use the return at the rear of the tractor where the supply is initially taken from and run them to another hydraulic control valve.

I know I probably sound like a complete muppet with all these questions. I promise I'm not. Just a cautious person. Tractors are new to me and I'm just getting my head around it all and I appreciate the help.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Urchy87.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168149 by dieseldog
First off, there's no such thing as silly questions. We all have to start somewhere. Just to clarify, by saying couplers, I mean quick connectors. I have drawn a few pretty pictures to help explain what I mean.

This is how it is, or should be now, with the red being pressure and blue being the return. Oil should always return through the remote system as it will most likely be filtered before it returns to the sump. If you get short hoses about 2 feet long and put couplers/quick connectors on it, you can use the hoses as remotes at the back when you don't have the loader on. This would probably be the cheapest option.

If you go the Power Beyond route, it will look like this...

You can add additional remote couplers to operate implements at the back and still use the loader as everything will now be separate.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by dieseldog.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168185 by Urchy87
Cheers dieseldog. Lovely drawings you have there also. I think I'm armed with everything I need to get the job done. Now to find some parts. Thanks to all for your help.

Stay tuned for the next round of questions.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Urchy87.

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds