Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
7 years 10 months ago #171374 by Urchy87
Surprise....I'm back. So since the hydraulic questions I haven't had any moisture so the gyral hasn't moved an inch. For now I'm planning on using the FEL tilt hydraulics for the planter and will install the remote set up from the spare tractor when I manage to get it here.

Back to now. Great news!!! I have some moisture. Shame it's getting too late in the season to do anything with it. I hope to start working some country in October to get ready for some summer forage providing we have favorable winter rain.

For those that have used 766's for farming what range/gear should I use and what RPM/speed would be about right with this 24 run gyral.

As always. Thanks.

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171377 by Mrsmackpaul
for any soil engaging implement you should never go faster 8 km/h or 5 MPH once you go above these speeds you will wear the points or discs really quick you will also destroy the soil structure as it moves the soil to fast and turns it to dust
I find 5 km/h is a nice gentle speed I find to ride around a paddock in easy on machinery easy on the soil and easy on me

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 10 months ago #171387 by Sarge
Interesting question Urchy, lots of my decisions for speed were based on working horse speed of 4mph :ohmy: I could flash around the paddock at 25kph on my oversize tractor but the second lap would be to pick up all the busted bits.

Now I just see if I am getting the result I want and the tractor is cruisin...

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171412 by Urchy87
Thanks guys. Does the 766 have a 'sweet spot' in the RPM range that I should be trying to achieve? I honestly can't wait to get out there and start shifting some soil. ("Urchy87 pondering" 'Only if the property was my bread winner').

More
7 years 10 months ago #171419 by Mrsmackpaul
1600 - 2000 but no faster

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 10 months ago #171426 by Urchy87
Thanks.

More
7 years 9 months ago #171511 by ozfarm
1st Hi hi ta

2400 and that D310 gets a nice holler up :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #171512 by Urchy87
Thanks ozfarm.

I hope to have time to stretch its legs in the next week or so. If I do I will try to post a video of how it goes so you all can see it at work.

More
7 years 9 months ago #171532 by Timmsy
Hi Urchy87

We have a International 886. Wonderful reliable tractor. Due for a paint job, but remains a lovely machine to spend a day or two driving.

Enjoy

Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #171538 by Urchy87
It looks like a goer. Mine is also in need of some paint. Probably more so than yours. I have a better cab on a spare tractor. Just need to get it home so I can start the change over. I plan on giving it a clean up at that point.

886's have a D358 don't they?

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Urchy87.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds