Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
7 years 9 months ago #172012 by Urchy87
Would that oil be likely to ignite or just burn off?

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172319 by Timmsy
A very nice 886 B, don't see many of those around. A great Aussie built machine.

With regard to the fluid from manifold, my dad always insisted if a tractor been sitting a long time that it be driven lightly for half an hour to get all components warmed up and then put it to work under full load. We would work it for 3-4 hours, and stop draining all oils while very hot, removing all filters (careful on the fingers). Once every segment has dripped dry, fresh oil and filters. This seemed to give us amazing longevity.

If the fluid is still leaking from you manifold Urchy after this, there is a simple gasket that goes from manifold to exhaust outlet that can be replaced. That fluid will not catch on fire. From memory the manifold gasket and outlet gasket are not that expensive and are still available from dealer and internet sources.

Enjoy the Red power.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172398 by Urchy87
Thanks Timmsy

I pulled the gyral around for about 3 hrs a week or so ago and it seems to have sorted itself out. The amount if smoke that was burning off that join at the start was ridiculous.

As the country hadn't been worked for years the ground was quite tight. Could only pull in low rang 2nd gear.

On a couple tough spots it jumped out of low range. The gear linkages are quite loose and it can be a struggle to get it in low range. If I sort the linkages out do you think this will stop or is there likely to be another cause.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172424 by Sarge
Urchy you are getting some good advice, I made the mistake of using modern detergent multigrade (cheap) oil, and therein was my problem, should have been single grade mineral oil. My old girl did glaze up on the hay and saw bench and smoked like wet bush fire for half an hour on the scarifier... scary/impressive smoke screen but without a naked flame ignition it wont burn.... :oops: the gluepot at the manifold never came back with mineral oil.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172425 by Mrsmackpaul
theres a spring under the lid of the range change that breaks and allows it to come out of gear if you can get to the lid easy enough pull it off and have a look other wise leave it be and it will be fine may jump out every now and then if it doesnt go fully into low range

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 9 months ago #172445 by Zuffen
Be aware when it jumps out of gear it can damage the teeth as the load on the tooth is exaggerated as the two gears slide apart.

The very end of the teeth can and will chip.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172462 by Urchy87
Thanks guys. I had best sort this out before I do any thing else with it. It's not worth much to me if it's not going. I will start pulling it apart as soon as I can. I really need to spend a day on it to deal with some leaking oil also. Prepare for pictures and questions. Cheers.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #172979 by Urchy87
Hey

I'm yet to look at the low range issue (new screaming baby in the house (wife says I cant go playing too much, I'm working on that) but I'm chasing up new air filters. I used the codes off the Case parts website ngpc.cnh.com but those filters are incorrect. I found this out whilst trying to install them. I have also rang filter companies but they are listing the same incorrect filter. Unfortunate their is no numbers on the filters I removed but my current research suggests that the Australian 766 (or this one anyway) uses a filter combo from the 856. Original part numbers 401270R1 (Outer) and 401268R1 (Inner) or Fleetguard AF847 (Outer) and AF845 (Inner). Can anyone confirm they do run the 856 filters?? I may not be getting a refund for the set originally and don't feel like spending money on another incorrect order. As always any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Urchy87.

More
7 years 8 months ago #172982 by dieseldog
Urchy, a good parts man at CaseIH, he should be able to look up the dimensions by the part number in most cases. But failing that, you could try to cross reference your filters to an aftermarket filter by using the dimensions of your filter and then cross it back to the genuine IH number. You should be able to do this on the Donaldson and Fleetguard websites.

More
7 years 8 months ago #172991 by Urchy87
Thanks dieseldog.

That is basically what I've done and came up with the ones for an Inter 856. was hoping someone had been there and had the same result instead of it being wrong again.

It seems to be too much of a coincidence to be wrong as it has narrowed it back to a Inter tractor i guess. If the search came back with a Kubota filter I wouldn't be very confident.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds