Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
7 years 8 months ago #172994 by Mrsmackpaul
Problem you will have is the motor in the Aussie tractors is different than the crappy US ones but if you go into your local IH dealer they have a filter book and most times have all the filters just sitting there I find the IH filters cost no more than RYCO or other common brands

The IH filter book that I have seen dealers use up here and back home is like a A3 size CaseIH book

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173005 by Urchy87
Told the local guys (300k's away) to get stuffed a few months back. I went there to purchase some coolant and asked what type and quantity I would need and the guy behind the counter said to me "Do you know how old that tractor is. We don't have time to be looking through books for stuff that you should already know". The store manager basically agreed with him. They may have been told what I thought before leaving. Might have to 'suck it up' and go back to them. Sigh.

Adventure before Dementia.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173007 by Mrsmackpaul
next time Im in town I will ask at our dealer if you want I have come across this attitude a few times in my life but I just stand my ground

Paul

More
7 years 8 months ago #173008 by Urchy87
Thanks Mrsmackpaul but I can't get you to do that. I was in a hurry that day and didn't have time to stuff around unfortunately. I will try them again as there is no doubt that I will need to use them at times. If the same response is had again I will be sure to deal with it appropriately instead of losing my cool.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173063 by ozfarm

More
7 years 8 months ago #173129 by Urchy87
Thanks ozfarm

I had a look through there but they don't list the air filter unfortunately.

I found out there is a sub branch of the Case Dealership that I had previously had VERY poor service from closer to me. I gave them a call and the parts guy there was the kind of helpful you would expect. He gave me a couple part numbers that he had listed and the outer filter lined up with what I had worked out but the inner was different. I would think that the inner which matches the outer with a filter company will be what I need.

I will post up the correct part numbers in case anyone has the same issue and happens to read over this.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176885 by Mrsmackpaul

Urchy87 wrote: Thanks Timmsy

I pulled the gyral around for about 3 hrs a week or so ago and it seems to have sorted itself out. The amount if smoke that was burning off that join at the start was ridiculous.

As the country hadn't been worked for years the ground was quite tight. Could only pull in low rang 2nd gear.

On a couple tough spots it jumped out of low range. The gear linkages are quite loose and it can be a struggle to get it in low range. If I sort the linkages out do you think this will stop or is there likely to be another cause.

Ok I mentioned after this post of yours there is a spring under the transfer box lid thats come off that stops it jumping out of gear anyway I made a video of me fixing one for you the other day so heres the link excuse my ugly as all get face and dull voice but simple job and even easier on your 766

seeya

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge

More
7 years 4 months ago #176893 by asw120
The comments are hilarious! :silly:

"This won't take long, then" LOL....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 4 months ago #176895 by Mrsmackpaul
to many serious jokers around these days Jarrod I reckon its always good to have a laugh at even if it is at my self

Paul

More
7 years 4 months ago #176896 by Dave_64
Good one, Paul !
Now, want to see you do keyhole surgery (with captions) for an appendectomy!
Ever thought of a career as a tutor? Politician?
Cheers, Dave.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds