Skip to main content

International A40 - 1 Superloader

More
9 years 1 month ago #155558 by Mrsmackpaul
Im sorry but I think you all have missed something
we can look at part numbers and pictures till the cows come home BUT something has gotta hold that bull gear on the axle when your pulling 1/2 an inch and it stops it's hitting ll the bull gear the housing just my thoughts

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #155559 by Bluey60
Last line should read
axle housing shouldn't have to be removed
Bluey

More
9 years 1 month ago #155560 by hayseed
Good work Bluey, I stand corrected..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 1 month ago #155561 by Sarge
I gotta say Bluey I like your answer, better than I like the idea of lifting the loader frame, because it aint gunne lift wiothout a whole lot of undoing and at a casual glance today some doing up has been done with a welder. :-/ :'( :-[ :-? along the tractor chassis loader frame join. :-/

It would seem that there is a plate (cast and about 2 inches thick??) that covers the top of the diff and gearbox in one piece. Coupla half size sky hooks and a short prayer might lift it after I remove all the pedals, steering, seat, brakes plus 387kg of dirt and grease.

While I was standing there looking I wondered why I didnt park it in the shed and I wondered how I thought I was gunna push the wheel back in (So I could park it in the shed)...

I owe you blokes some photos.... I will conduct a small crime wave as soon as SHE or one of the kids is not looking/talking on their phone.

Thanks

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 11 months ago #155562 by grahamjb
Any progress Sarge?

More
8 years 11 months ago #155563 by Mairjimmy

Any progress Sarge?

Do you mean for the loader or getting the kids off the phone to put some pics up. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 11 months ago #155564 by Sarge
progress is at a hectic pace at Sarge's place....
you may recall my "what have I done Chamberlain 3380 tale" www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1370706457
Hydraulics not working....

I asked my experienced tractor man about my axle removal and he said gotta lift the lid, undo the bolt on the end of the axle... didnt someone else say that :-/ :-/

I have just been putting it off, same with the Lister...
and now time to pack the caravan.... aint gunna argue about that either... :o

oh yeah, photos.... tomorra

/me

Sarge B)

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #167451 by Sarge
Well, its not quite 12 months, and today there has been a small effort applied to a difficult problem... I know youse blokes have just been busting to find out what the G.O. is so I am here to tell you..... NFI or DFK if you would prefer.

But I did have a bit of a light bulb moment which has prompted questions and pictures...

Pictures first...

this be the offending wheel.... same as last time I asked...

this be the wheel centre minus the big washer behind the center drilled retaining bolt (with an old nut for a spacer)

Closeup in case ya missed the last one....

I have put a two leg puller on the bits pushed along the spline....
I am assuming they are tapered and or the spline is tapered... and because I dont know any better I am assuming they are in two halves.
Of the 6 bolt holes only four are bolt holes two are juts plain holes and not matched to any hole in the wheel.

The puller has been given the FB hammer treatment and the stilson with a 3 foot bar.... I have left it like that ... I also gave the bolt flange face a touch up with the end of the crow bar....

End result... 40 degree day and in the sun.... :blink: :sick: :side:

Anyone got any better ideas.... would a three leg puller be any advantage???? I got one of those too, but if the flange thingo is in two parts will it still pull out?

Spline looks like it has grease on it and is not rusty, I gave it a squirt of dont stick ya bastard ....

I have about used up all my expertise, and I think it is quite obvious all the guff I started the post with about pulling the axle out is just guff... this looks like the tow halves (or one piece) should slide out and the wheel will fall over and break my legs... It is off the ground enough to rotate. Would dropping it on the ground help?

Ok.... your turn.... (and the shed is not finished, the 3380 is still sick, the lister is no further advanced but I have changed tyres on the truck)

Sarge B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sarge.

More
8 years 2 months ago #167454 by Mrsmackpaul
sarge I cant see no pictures

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #167463 by Sarge
funny thing, I cant either now... lost the whole post while posting, but hit the back button enough times to find it, put it up but no photos, so did an edit, photos went in....'

trying again now....

same deal, I keep losing the post.... and the pictures drop out...
I will add them separately

found the cause... with three pics the post seems to add ok but pops me out to the main index with one photo I get a TOO BIG error... some re-sizing to happen now...
and now we fit....

Sarge B)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds