Skip to main content

International A40 - 1 Superloader

More
3 years 11 months ago #209292 by cobbadog
Try another coil and see how you get on. Also are the points gapped and spotlessly clean? Is the condensor in good shape?
After this I have a very well used "swear jar" if you want to donate to.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #209296 by PDU
If you've been scratching your head about this, and then leaned across the truck you may have shorted it out with the static electrickery!?

Personally so far as the cooling is concerned I'd try flushing it all out thoroughly, then check the electrics with a live feed to the coil? :unsure:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by PDU.

More
3 years 11 months ago #209304 by V8Ian

Sarge :-X wrote: Thanks PDU, very generous, but no use. It's an up draft carbide, your tin would need a pump, but I have fuel, I can get it to dribble out. I used the gas as a fool proof test for the electrics. I ain't got no spark, not like you.

It was running fine last week..... can lack of air in the tyre suck the tricity out of the spark plugs.

The world works in mysterious ways, Sarge. :S

More
3 years 11 months ago #209337 by asw120
With points closed, should have zero on that side and still 12ish on the hot side. Failing that, dead condenser/ capacitor?.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #209338 by Sarge
Thanks Jarrod, I killed that thingy in my O bedford it was 6 volt but I ran it 12 volt for years, one day no go. Don't know how I worked it out, must have had blinding inspiration, I suspect the loader was originally 6 volt too, and wondered if 20 years of 12 volt might have caused the same problem. Not being waterproof, I won't be going out today to check.:cheer:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 11 months ago #209990 by Sarge
Found some sunshine, what to do, the tractor is parked next to the loader, hmm mm, jumper leads, fuel on, one more try, whhrrrr whrrrrrBBRRRmmmmmm ........ did someone say most electrical problems are fuel...... I did nothing, different,and it's purring.

Thanks for all the advice. Now to bench some wood.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210015 by JOHN.K.
Check the wear in the distributor camshaft...this was an issue with forklifts ,the point gap would change and engines would have zero power,push the shaft over ,and they run perfectly ...for a while......Some distributors like Lucas have a ball bearing and are easily fixed ,Delco s generally cant without much expense of having shafts rebuilt.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210031 by Sarge
Thanks John, I will have a gander.

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds