Skip to main content

International A40 - 1 Superloader

More
4 years 8 months ago #202471 by Bluey60
Good to see progress I saw an a40 in a yard the other day and wondered weather you had made any progress
Don’t worry about the time frame I’ve got jobs here have been waiting longer than that and I haven’t even started kicking wheels yet
Bluey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202473 by cobbadog
I don't think that Sarge was too worried about the project but I get the feeling there may have been an ultimation about fix it or throw it from the other half.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202476 by Sarge
YUP.....:S .... or else.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202488 by bparo
ultimatums are a good excuse to spend money quickly on bits you need, might need, or might just come in handy one day "After all you told me to fix it so I am just doing what you asked!" :blink: :woohoo: :evil:

(and yes it is the voice of experience - I hope you're faster at getting out of range than I am :whistle: :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
4 years 8 months ago #202499 by Sarge
Before I get too far ahead of myself, does anyone know anything about putting one of these F'ing heavy wheels back on and getting the wedges all lined up. How far do I push the wheel on before shoving the wedge/S in, etc.

I imagine I get the wheel roughly in place, slip both wedges into the spline and the spin the wheel to line up the holes.
That part seems logical, but how far on is the wheel and how far in are the wedges, I am concerned I could get the wedges up tight even though the wheel is only on a few inches and not on the full 8 or 10 inches.

..??????? Just asking. :S

Sarge B)

More
4 years 8 months ago #202501 by JOHN.K.
yeah,theres a lot to ponder fixin tractors,which is why it doesnt pay to rush it...........I bin meanin to fix my slasher for about 20 years now.....people always say its dangerous havin the blades whirling round .........but I explain that it was more dangerous rusted nearly thru ,cause someone might have stood on it and gone thru......anyhoo,its easy to check the cat isnt hiding underneath before I start now,and it still cuts the grass when I get a council notice.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202505 by wouldyou
Hello Sarge,
Oil the wedges so you can adjust the wheel while tightening the draw bolts, leave room between wheel and axle housing to relieve clamping of wedges during future removal!
David.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202514 by Bluey60
Sarge
If you get the wheel over the axle far enough so you can get the wedges started into the wheel and onto the spline line up the holes and start bolts in without making it firm then you should be able to slide the wheel and wedges on
There should be a bolt and big washer that fit on the end of the axle if you fit that bolt and washer and tighten it up that will locate the wedges in the right spot then tighten the bolts which will pull the wheel back onto the wedges as David said oil it up so everything is a little slippery
That should get the job done don’t know what to torque the bolts to but as an old mechanic told dad once when asked what tension on the head studs on the aw7 AS TIGHT AS BLOoODY HELL
If the wheel and wedges lock up before you get them right on you should be able to put a bolt in the threaded hole in the wedges to keep the wheel off the taper
Cheers Bluey
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou

More
4 years 8 months ago #202535 by cobbadog
When I have to torque bolts up and dont have the right settings I use Google and enter that size bolt and it will tell what torque that size should be.
I have not seen this set up on anything before and I find it very interesting reading and hopefully learn something by it.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202537 by Sarge
Me too Cobbad. ..... thanks fellas for the advice..... will try and get the stud/bolt holes in the wheel tapped to suit a decent bolt before I do the exciting bits.

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds