Skip to main content

Now for something completely different.

More
14 years 6 months ago #15458 by ray
I have probably lost all sanity but those who know me know I go for unusual things, like one off trucks and diesel motorbikes. In saying that, I could not bear to see this go to the scrapyard. So as the ad goes; "I liked it so much I bought it" It is a Hyster straddle truck and what I would like to know is what mechanicals were used in these, I have been told that possibly International parts were used. Any body out there got any info on this "little" gem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #15459 by monty
Ray you have far to much spare coin lying about !! ;)

-Monty

More
14 years 6 months ago #15460 by bparo
I had been told International Tractor Parts but that may be wrong

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 6 months ago #15461 by Swishy

Ray
GuddayM8

@ least U'll B able to look down on Kenworths
LOL
Twaz it a case of stepping forward to take her on
or did everyone step back n left U with it

LOL

Really a vehicle with 2 uses
use to cart timber
or use it as a carport
LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 6 months ago #15462 by ray
G'day Swish,
I guess you could say it's a bit of both. I felt it was to unique to lose as a lot of people have never heard of them let alone seen one. Now it is just a matter of trying to find room for it so I can go over it. SWMBO suggested I turn it into a gazebo >:(

More
14 years 5 months ago #15463 by ray
I was told that if "you buy one, you get one free" so here is the spares vehicle.

I hope the attendants at Mc Donalds drive thru have long arms?

More
14 years 5 months ago #15464 by bigcam
If you were at Woolworths they`d call that a red light special.Your missus must think it`s great,women love bargains.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15465 by GM Diesel
Hi Ray,

Atleast you know you will be the center of attention at the next straddle truck muster :D

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #15466 by
What a great piece of equipment! I can just see it all, now .. Ray is tooling down the Hume with all his straddle truck mates .. at all of 15kms hr .. or whatever the maximum speed of straddle trucks is .. and the local gendarmes in their candy car try to pull him over.

The second the cops stop .. Ray drives over the top of the candy car with his straddle truck .. thus trapping the Monarchs inside, unable to open the doors.
Before they can select D for Drag, to get away .. the swift-moving Ray has slipped the clamps against the candy car, and lifted it clear of the ground.
The candy car just sits there, wheels a-spinning, trapped like a giant jewel beetle with its legs waving helplessly ....

Ray drives off to the local pub with his mates .. and then leaves the straddle truck parked outside, with the cops still trapped, unable to move or get out.
All they can do is call for backup .. however, the cops are wary of sending any more cars, in case they too, become victims of Ray and his straddle truck mates .........

Just hang around your local video store, and the "Night of the Straddle Trucks" will soon be on the shelves .. and you'll be rolling on the floor when you view a copy .. because it's the next best thing, to the Dukes of Hazzard .. ;D ;D

More
14 years 3 months ago #15467 by Phill
Good on ya Ray.
"Special" ;D machines need to be collected by"Special" ;D guys. What did your wife say when you drove it in through the front gates? ;D
You would have to have her car out in the weather and this one covered.
Thank you for not letting it go for scrap. How much did you pay? What ever it was it was a bargain.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds