Skip to main content

1926 Shearer Harvester Restoration Project

More
14 years 4 months ago #18611 by Phill
Hi Everyone I have recently registered here.
I have posted a new website, the address is
www.shearerharvesterrestoration.com
I think I have painted it the wrong colour. ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #18612 by
I think you are doing a great job and remember Rome wasnt built in a day.
What I would to know how will transport it to shows or does it become a garden orament. Dave ;D :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #18613 by bigcam
Good on you Phill,it looks the part.Is that the origonal colour?Dark greens and reds where the go for old machinery and trucks wern`t they?Don`t take to much notice of one track if he tells you it should be red.Red is just a darker shade of pink,which goes well with mirrored sunnies and drinks with the lovvies.(Sorry Phill,a little dig from an old post).

More
14 years 4 months ago #18614 by Phill
To transport it I will buy a plant trailer (6m x 2.4m full width about $5000 to $6000 flat tray) some day later when it is close to being finished. I do plan to get it back to full working condition and put it in displays like the Beverley Harvest Festival in November or the Royal Show. There are also several classes of over-width permits you can get of Police - will investigate that later as well.
Thanks for the comments Dave.
Phill.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18615 by Phill
Colour wise - there is a picture somewhere here in HCVC with a Shearer in a pale green and yellow wheels. While I was restoring the wheel I noticed a small patch of pale yellow in a protected spot. I will probably change the colour of the wheels but the body, well dark green looks good anyway. Red and yellow where found on Sunshines.
Thanks BigCam.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18616 by Phill
Can anyone confirm or correct if my Harvester model is "1926 Number 4" please?
For people who didn't see my address before , it is
www.Shearerharvesterrestoration.com .
You can reply here or use the link at the bottom of the main page of the web site.
Thanx everyone. Phill.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18617 by wouldyou
Hello Phill, Good on you,I have been through this, I think my green is too light, can confirm wheels were yellow.David Shearer made harvesting machinery and John Shearer tillage gear. they both used green in later years. Used it last Sunday and actually nearly filled the box. What do you mean by broad elevator? the beaters throw the material up to the peg drum on the ones I have seen, have no idea of model no's. David.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18618 by Phill
To wouldyou. I must have used the wrong terminology. The component on the front that holds the fingers, beaters and peg drum, does that have a name? You are right it's not a broad elevator, I just didn't know its correct name. Do you have much old stuff that you don't want anymore? is there anyone in the district with stuff they don't want? Seeing one completed that still works is awesome, don't let anything happen to it and keep it well lubricated.
Phill.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18619 by wouldyou
Hello Phill, Can't think of a name but on headers the front elevator is in the throat so that funnel shaped box fits that description. I do have the bare remains of an 8 ft harvester, just as well, it was a great help in rebuilding as to what went where. Most old stuff has been picked over and the scrappies were active until the downturn. Your machine looks to have been complete. David.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds