Skip to main content

Clear Bros Dozers

More
6 years 7 months ago #187275 by xspanrman
Clear Bros Dozers was created by xspanrman
Saw these at Cleary Bros Museum Port Kembla, It amazes me the high quality of restoration that went into their projects, From a rusting piece of steel to a machine that looks better than when new, I know nothing about dozers , but Cleary has more than 10 at their museum, Definetly worth a look,
I don't know why the first dozer is painted in gold and silver

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #187281 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Clear Bros Dozers
There was a scale model of Cat sixty diesel released in Gold and silver to mark the anniversary of the 1931 tractor, I think they've restored there's as a tribute.
Quote"
1/12th scale model
this model of the Diesel Sixty tractor was released in 1991 in a limited number of only 500 world-wide to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the first Caterpillar Diesel Sixty. It has been made of sterling silver and gold plated metal and bears a real diamond in the radiator cap. One was stolen from a Cat dealer in England, in 2009, and they felt it was worth 53,000 pounds. Far more than the 12 thou this is going for on Ebay"

justacarguy.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/cate...silver-and-gold.html

Great pic's xspanrman.

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by dno. Reason: learning to spell
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, xspanrman

More
6 years 7 months ago #187282 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Clear Bros Dozers
The late Bert Thiess had a Cat 60 tractor flown out from the US. Dunno whats happened to the Thiess collection since he passed on.(he was over 90),but the property at Sunnybank has been sold some time ago.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187290 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Clear Bros Dozers
A few of us went up to Cleary Bros open day today. A great collection of trucks on show, both restored and working. Sadly I forgot to take the camera. Glad you did John.

John you obviously saw the dozers in the museum, but did you get a look at the two in the office. Yep the office. Sitting there in the corner, on the carpet. One Holt is reputed to be one of the first Cats ever built.

More
6 years 7 months ago #187293 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Clear Bros Dozers

JOHN.K. wrote: The late Bert Thiess had a Cat 60 tractor flown out from the US. Dunno whats happened to the Thiess collection since he passed on.(he was over 90),but the property at Sunnybank has been sold some time ago.

The Theiss collectiom is at Ipswich rail museum as far as I know
But you cant view it or anything and none of it is been maintained

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 7 months ago #187301 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Clear Bros Dozers
I certainly haven't seen any of it there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 7 months ago #187308 by Mrsmackpaul
It all got shifted there around 18 months maybe two years ago and is at storage shed I have been told
I can find out more details if anyone is interested
Or maybe I have this all ass about, wouldnt be the first time

I did some quick research on the Cat clubs paper work and yes went to Rail museum at Ipswich in March or April of 2016 and I believe is in some storage sheds there
There is over 30 items of plant mainly crawler tractors there, nothing is been looked after at all as in started or anything at all, it has just been parked
The local old Cat club has offered to take care of these machines for the museum but all offers have been declined by the QLD government as they have the final say

Sorry to ramble on a bit about this

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
6 years 7 months ago #187309 by Mrsmackpaul
And just a tad bit more and nothing to do with Theiss or Caterpillars
I have read about people donating trucks and other stuff to different museums around the country hoping this will save their toys for all to see
There is no guarantee that any of this is ever gunna happen and I sometimes wonder are things better to be sold onto a collector as when they are owned by a person who has put his hard earned up theres a lot better chance I feel that they are gunna take care of it

Sorry for dragging this way off topic

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 4 months ago #205225 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Clear Bros Dozers

wee-allis wrote: A few of us went up to Cleary Bros open day today. A great collection of trucks on show, both restored and working. Sadly I forgot to take the camera. Glad you did John.

John you obviously saw the dozers in the museum, but did you get a look at the two in the office. Yep the office. Sitting there in the corner, on the carpet. One Holt is reputed to be one of the first Cats ever built.

NMP
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, wee-allis

More
4 years 3 months ago #205234 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Clear Bros Dozers
That is always a risk, donating your toys to a museum or simialr place. They become the owners and can sell them on or stash them away to rust.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds