Skip to main content

Backhoe

More
5 years 10 months ago #193177 by Blacky59
Backhoe was created by Blacky59
Hu neading some help .Have just brought a Chamberlian fromtend loader backhoe 1956 with the 4cyl perkins in it. Runs well but i am wonder if any one out there can help with diagram on how the cable for th3 backhoe is set up thank you Blacky.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193182 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Backhoe
Have never seen or heard of a Chamberlain cable backhoe so of no help unless maybe the backhoe is maybe some other brand ??

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
5 years 10 months ago #193185 by Blacky59
Replied by Blacky59 on topic Backhoe
So Paul its not cable operated has vable under neath which turns it
.it is hydroylic the backhoe ..but has to rams underneath .

More
5 years 10 months ago #193186 by Blacky59
Should be SORRY PAUL and not valbe but cable or wire rope

More
5 years 10 months ago #193194 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Backhoe
Blacky. how about posting some pictures, Paul and the others will cotton on straight away and are sure to have your solution

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193195 by Blacky59
Thank you will do tomorrow cheers ...

More
5 years 10 months ago #193231 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Backhoe
So it has a slew worked by a wire rope round a drum......the date 1956 makes it very early,and it could be an Olding,very few made.....'the common backhoe on the Industrial Mk 2s was the Conquip,and from memory the slew was by two rams set at 90 deg,just like the Case.After Deeres bought Chamberlain,the hoes were all JD s.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193233 by Blacky59
Yes thats true 2 rams up neath the wire ropes are supposed to cross somewhere on the side it has
AUSTRALIAN CRANE & EXCAVATOR
Model L107 serial no CL268
dont know if they will help in my search byt thank you for imformation take all i can get cheers

More
5 years 10 months ago #193242 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Backhoe
I have a vague memory of sighting such an arrangement - prehistoric version of backhoe before the big manufacturers got on board. I wouldn't spend much money on it as a Perkins of that age likely to be the L4,which predated the good old 6.354, weren't nearly as reliable and spares would be very scarce. Having said that it would be a very good project for a collector of rare machines.
As far as the cables go my recollection (guessing) is that the cables are of fixed length with eyes swaged on each end.
The tractor will be a Champion 6g which started production in 1955 and was made famous by the high speed (90kph) version "tail end Charlie" in the Redex trials. Chamberlain did not start production of industrial tractors until 1958 so you may have the date wrong or yours is a prototype. Companies involved with loader attachments at this stage were; Australian Cranes & Excavators; Cranes & Shovels; Steelweld.

More
5 years 10 months ago #193257 by Blacky59
Thanks for that and yes it has the eyes for the wire rope on each ram like u say
Got the hi and low but all this information is a great . I think the rams have to b half out on each side to make it work .but it is just to shift some dirt on my opal mine here in yowah and is perfect for that ..

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds