Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cat dozer

Cat dozer 04 Jun 2018 18:31 #193921

• 67mustang
  • 67mustang's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello all

Looking for a early D2 or D4, project to restore, any ideas???

67mustang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cat dozer 04 Jun 2018 20:36 #193923

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 368
plenty about but need to buy something with good walking gear as this will cost more than the machine is worth
Also cant get steering clutch bits for a D2 as far as I know

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Cat dozer 06 Jun 2018 10:40 #193941

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 230
I was looking for a dozer a while ago,and I used to see some incredible buys in Tasmania.Locally,in Qld ,a D4D 85A is $25-30,000...Probably more than it cost new.....Anyhoo,the council have now put a VPO on my place,so a dozer would be bad news,I think.......I might add,satellite surveillance of landowners seems to have become a lot more invasive recently,and anyone with a machine tells of council inspectors turning up the day after they shift a machine onto anywhere with trees.

Cat dozer 06 Jun 2018 17:45 #193949

• oliver1950
  • Thank you received: 185
I bought a Cat D2 3J from Gumtree in very good condition ,unfortunately it doesn't have a blade.When I have time I will measure the blade on my Cat 22 to see if that will fit.
You can't have too many toys!

Cat dozer 06 Jun 2018 19:08 #193952

• Dave_64
  • Thank you received: 138
John.K. wrote:-
".......I might add,satellite surveillance of landowners seems to have become a lot more invasive recently,and anyone with a machine tells of council inspectors turning up the day after they shift a machine onto anywhere with trees."
Can second this, about 5-6 weeks ago, down the Otways (Vic.), a mate was having two small dams dug on his property, D7 and also an excavator to clean out two more on an adjoining block. Owner had collected all relevant paperwork, everything nice and legal, two old gums had to be removed.
Second day of work, council inspector arrives, mate down the paddock, inspector stops dozer operator, asks for permits, operator handballs it back to owner. Says NO MORE work until paperwork checked, no big deal, getting close to lunchtime anyway. Mate comes up from paddock an hour or so later, sees dozer parked, wanders over and is directed to "that turkey in the ute". Inspector asks for permits, owner says we'll have to go over the house, inspector tells operator to sit on bum until he sorts this out. Bottom line, all OK, can resume work, by this time it's mid-arvo. Point is, how did these blokes know not so much, where to turn up, but when? Seems they have satellite overlays of each and every property in the shire!
No longer rely on Google which probably only get updated every few years!
Area I live in, old disused quarry, not used for many years, owner decides to do a bit or "restoration" on big hole in ground i.e. fill it in.
Sure enough, either dobbed in or more likely picked up by some type of surveillance (and this is out the bush!), council wallah turns up, sticks nose in, "what's the go here?"
Told what is pretty obvious happening, "don't do anything more until I get the OK on this"
Was NOT allowed to continue because council hadn't received notification! Has to go through the system. Owner chucks wobbly, rings council and tells them that as far as he is concerned, the "bloody hole can fill up with water for all I care! Only trying to tidy the area up!"
Upshot of it? Council sends him a notice demanding restoration and must be at least started within 90 days!
So, how's that for a bit of a Catch-22??
But, THEY are out there! Bloke up the road from me, couple of years ago moved a carport off his mum's place before the joint was sold, old dear going into nursing home.
Throws it up at his own place, must have been going around updating the Google street views or whatever they call them, told to remove it and lodge a permit. Bloke gets a bit snarly, tells council wallah it stays where it is, will apply for permit when he gets time. Told in no uncertain terms that he will be served notice to have it removed, every day over he will be fined for.Probably a pretty fair call in this instance, bloke who moved carport should have known better.
Bottom line is that your house (and land) are no longer your own to do what you please with (and been that way for some time now), but you can't help wondering just how far this over-seeing (read surveillance) has gone, or is going.
Oh well, suppose it employs another dozen or so uni-educated galahs to enforce!
Dave

Cat dozer 06 Jun 2018 20:39 #193956

• overnite
  • Thank you received: 96
What have you got against Galahs , to compare them to council officers.

Cat dozer 06 Jun 2018 22:58 #193959

• Dave_64
  • Thank you received: 138
Didn't mean to disparage galahs! Some of my best friends are of the pink and grey persuasion! Dave

Cat dozer 08 Jun 2018 09:29 #193970

• dno
  • Thank you received: 169
They are using google earth for surveillance. The difference is, they are paying for
a live version. I've been on a job site in Melb and the council have viewed a problem at ground level from satellite while communicating directions over the phone. They are catching out a lot of illegal works and building too.
The detail they can see is very scary. :silly:
Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Southbound

Cat dozer 08 Jun 2018 09:51 #193972

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 116
Yair, Don't disparage the Rosellas, the ones they make tomato sauce out of! :woohoo:
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558