Skip to main content

Swishy says I know boats

More
5 years 6 months ago #196545 by ianoz
Well I have heard about Twitching lures and Special baits to catch fish ,But the secret to catching Marlin Isn't the bait But What engine{s} power the boat .
Apparently two stroke GM diesels are Marlins power unit of choice . As written in another forum .
Detroits and Billfish
I fish several fishing tournaments every year out here and am looking forward to the up coming Halloween ones. It may just be luck but all the tournament winning marlin that our team have boated have been on Detroit powered boats. Depending on the boat used we troll between 900 and 1000 RPM. It appears bill fish like to check out the source of the two cycle noise. When the 663.4 came up behind the boat it checked out and knocked around several lures and then ate one. The boat has 8v-92s. I rest my case. In the tournaments we tag and release any bill fish under 100 LBS or if it can be determined that another team has boated a fish that is larger than the one you have hooked up. AL
So be on guard ,mad fisherman might be eyeing off your Kenworth power plants to give them the advantage over the Volvo powered boats LOL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craig308

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 5 months ago #196791 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Swishy says I know boats
gr8 info
sounds like he nose wot side his bread is butterd on
:lol:
n remember
if n U aint screemin ............... u're only dreeem n