Skip to main content

Southbound's Pix

More
4 years 2 months ago #205594 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Southbound's Pix
I saw that when checking to see if there was any copyright on them.
Cheers Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #205597 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Southbound's Pix
Hayseed, do you have a link please?

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #205606 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Southbound's Pix

Southbound wrote:

This one slipped out the back doorway, I love the J6 , I’ve never seen one that’s a prime mover , not sure what it has on but it’s a good load , great photo ...
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rattail 1927.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 2 months ago #205607 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Southbound's Pix

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
4 years 2 months ago #205614 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Southbound's Pix
Thanks

More
4 years 2 months ago #205619 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Southbound's Pix
Ha ha, fooled you all. I do not really hate modified vehicles but it certainly stirred up a lot of comments on this forum.
Asw120 summed up my thoughts perfectly.
A couple of years ago, I saw a 1929 Chevrolet that had been restored very nicely. The only modifications done were for safety reasons. Turn indicators that looked correct were unobtrusively fitted.
The headlights had modern high powered globes and re-silvered reflectors, which impressed me because when I got my 1929 Chev on the road, I remember stopping in a suburban street and getting out to check that my headlights were working, they were so bad.
The most impressive modification I saw was HQ Holden hydraulic brakes fitted INSIDE the original brake drums. From what I remember, even the wheels cylinders were inside the original brake drum with only the hydraulic hose showing but my memory may be failing me on this point.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 2 months ago #205621 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Southbound's Pix
Camden Constructions had a J model Bedstead set up as a P/M pulling a little single axle float in the mid sixties, petrol eng and 2 speed diff.
Used mainly for moving small rollers, backhoes around. Do recall seeing it carting a Cat D4 dozer once or twice.

More
4 years 2 months ago #205624 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Southbound's Pix
I once saw a T Ford which had motor bike discs witted to the front wheel. Yep, what a good idea.

More
4 years 2 months ago #205627 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Southbound's Pix
Hers is a shot of a mates two T Fords. One absolutely original and the other highly modified, but period correct.

I know which one I'd like in my garage.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
4 years 2 months ago #205630 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Southbound's Pix

Dave_64 wrote: Camden Constructions had a J model Bedstead set up as a P/M pulling a little single axle float in the mid sixties, petrol eng and 2 speed diff.
Used mainly for moving small rollers, backhoes around. Do recall seeing it carting a Cat D4 dozer once or twice.

Tasmania's first refrigerated ferry freight service Glynn Norton Pty Ltd used 2 J5 Bedford's as semis when they first started and was believed to have done the odd Hume trip with a full load on back in the early 60s... Would have been one hell of a trip ... But then again R. E. Palmer did a trip from Hobart to Sydney Markets on late 1959 in an S model Bedford semi with Apples onboard... I guess they used what they had at the time

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds