Skip to main content

ready for wet sand blasting

More
4 years 9 months ago #201455 by cobbadog
The engine got a full rebuild about 4-5 years ago and was squeaky clean inside after the caustic bath with the liners out you can really see everywherte inside. Oil galleries were all spotless inside but I never knew how bad the radiator was as you can't see to far off to the sides. Now over time and on tractor treks during the hotter months this engine struggles to get to running temp. It will never rise on the temp gauge and I now have the 3rd new gauge init with it sitting still and the radiator blind all the way up at idle or mid rpm. You have to laod these things up by driving or working them to get the temp to rise and just a short run to the bottom of the street does the trick.
I have commited to getting the radiator done as I do not want to do anything on it again other than service work. I want hime to be reliable and if I want to drag a sled all day I could and even have a go at ploughing which is something I want to try one day. David Brown Spares in the UK can supply so many parts but not a radiator. At least I can get it fixed and it will be done right.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound, SWR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202153 by cobbadog
Here are some of the latest pics of the slow progress but I am happy so far with the results. I had to re-do the outer side of the engine covers as I got a run in them both and I was not happy with the finish. I have today put both steering rods in place and mixed a small amount of paint to touch up the tiny marks on the tie rod end nuts and split pins and then I proceeded to do the red on the side bonnet badges. Now this is something that always turns to crap for me as I am not good with fine detail or have a steady hand or the gift to do it properly. However, I have decided that this is my project and it is what it is and I know that I have done the bloody lot myself. It also serves notice to anyone else who wants this type of work done to by pass me. :ohmy: :woohoo:

Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #202154 by cobbadog
This is what I mean

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
4 years 8 months ago #202156 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic ready for wet sand blasting
A little touch up with the yellow and all will be good.

Nothing better than having the satisfaction of doing it all your self.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 8 months ago #202174 by cobbadog
I am suffering with " foot in mouth" disease.
I took the advise from Zuffen and started to touch it up .
I just can't leave it as is so I have touched it up with some yellow and will do the smallest touch up on the red in a couple of days.
I can be my own worse enemy at times.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202187 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic ready for wet sand blasting
Brother has a slightly later diesel........he refuses to clean and paint it because every tractor thats been painted in the district has been stolen shortly after......He also had his shed raided for all his good tools and equipment.......they came back for the new stuff,but found his great dane had shifted kennels.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202195 by cobbadog
If you had the parts you can change these engines over from TVO/petrol to being diesel or the other way round. Initially I would have liked to have found a diesel model Cropmaster but I am just as happy with this as is. As for the painting up, it is something that I wanted to do for years just so I could say to myself that I had done one. Now, Dee wants me to do her HRH Sarah Ferguson as well. Looks like that is next years main project.
I am not fussed as to what things look like meaning painted up or not. I do like seeing things in their 'working clothes' and painted up as well.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202389 by cobbadog
Bloody slow progress and the wind is blowing this dog off his chain !

Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #202395 by Diggerdave
Looking the ants pants Cobba

More
4 years 8 months ago #202422 by Southbound
Great job your doing there CD, keep up the good work. B)
As I learned to drive on a Grey Fergy, it is my pick from your collection... :blink:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds