Skip to main content

ready for wet sand blasting

More
4 years 8 months ago #202434 by cobbadog
Thanks for the feedback Southy but if you want HRH Sarah Ferguson (toe sucker) you will have fight it off Dee first, it is her baby especially after she did the engine rebuild and brakes with a tiny bit of help. I really am blessed that my wife has the same passion and hobby as I do and her interests in being totally involved makes life so much easier. When someone asks about the tractor Dee can then step in and answer all the questions on it and how it was done.The smile on her dial when she turned the fuel on, switched on the ignition and moved the gear lever to start and it instantly burst into life made it a real pleasure to help her do her restoration of Sarah so far.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202493 by cobbadog
Had another 'spray day' today and it was just that.
It had a gastric attack and got the runs in a couple of palces so I will have to see how bad it is tomorrow and take the appropriate action.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202536 by cobbadog
Assembled the dash board and added a volt meter as well and fitted up the over priced reproduction ignition switch and all looks good. Hooked up the wiring and did a quick test and no lights, horn and volt meter working. Checked it out with the multimeter and had no joy but it did have power through the igniton so put some fuel in the tank and turned on the fuel, lifted the throttle, pulled the choke and then the starter knob and away it went as if it was never stopped. Biggest grin on me dial for a long time hearing David run again. Tested my repairs out on the 3 point linkage and all appears to be good there. Still checking the gauges and temp was fine as was the oil pressure.
I will rub back the runs in the paint tomorrow afternoon and ready to re-spray on Tuesday morning weather permitting as the wind has come back lightly this afternoon but blowing again tonight.
When packing up the tools I found 2 wires that were still sitting in the box of bits and this will explain why some things are not playing the game. Also found that a plate on the exhaust manifold has decided to blow out. So I mixed up some U-KNEAD-IT a plastic metal and plug the holes. I am sure it is not too heat resistant but time will tel. I know I am not going to be trying to fix it before the Rally in 2 weeks time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202547 by cobbadog
Dash looks ok. Tomorrow if there is no gale force winds blowing I will paint all the rest of the parts including the top of the guard that got the runs last week.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, IHScout, Lang, asw120, oliver1950

More
4 years 8 months ago #202564 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic ready for wet sand blasting
Looking good. It's been great watching this come together.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 8 months ago #202566 by cobbadog
YIPPEE,
Today I managed to get the last bits n pieces painted so they are drying and will be fitted later this week. Had a little bit of a breeze to contend with but nothing was going to stop me now. The top of the mudguard that had some runs was rubbed back and I masked off the side of the guard were there is a join in the tinware which makes it very handy for this type of repair. After spraying I let it sit for a few hours and peeled off the masking tape and paper and you cannot see any hint of it being touched up. So next step is to sort out the electrics behind the dash and then finish bolting up the tinware and going for a test drive.
Shit, I'm almost exited!

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan

More
4 years 8 months ago #202590 by cobbadog
Did a trial fit with the remaining tinware as none of it was original to this tractor and once confirmed it all got painted and the runny bits were rubbed back and re-sprayed. I have almost finished the electrics and yes I have levelled up the gauges that were crooked. So hopefully this weekend it will be all back together again.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, asw120, Southbound

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202610 by cobbadog
This is where I'm at as of the end of today. Tomorrow this project should be completed and out on a test run and down to the River out the front of the Pub. Now for those who knows about this model, these are the wrong lights to have on this tractor but they are what I wanted as I can and will eventually wire them up as stop/tail lights. For now, no wiring being done for them.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, asw120, Southbound

More
4 years 8 months ago #202611 by 235mack
Replied by 235mack on topic ready for wet sand blasting
Looking good Cobbadog, Look forward to catching up with you next week-end. I will be babysitting the Jeep or Blitz from the Military Museum. Look for a little fat bloke with the name Chris on his shirt. I need it because I forget sometimes ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 8 months ago #202613 by cobbadog
Dee and I will be 2 of the scruitineers in the engine compounds on Saturday morning and David will be sitting out in the ring by then. Flo, the farm pumper will be there too and taking part in the record attempt.
It will be good to catch up with some of the guys from here and other Clubs as well. Will keep an eye out for you. You wont miss us in the grand parade on David with the shiny paint.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobsboy, 235mack

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds