Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightburn Bumper Jack

Lightburn Bumper Jack 15 Aug 2019 14:26 #202467

• Lang
  • Thank you received: 1036
Just had a look at an early Falcon bumper jack. It is mechanical, not hydraulic but the foot plate looks exactly like the one in your photo. I suspect John is right to suggest it is a ring-in.

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lightburn Bumper Jack 15 Aug 2019 14:37 #202468

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 201
The Ford wallaby one with my Falcon had a claw fitted under the bumper.I found the hydraulic hi lift ones bloody dangerous,and very easy to slew sideways and the car come down.......the arm thing that stuck out wasnt meant for a car,far as I could see...the army had hundreds of them,assume for cars,as the rovers had their own little 2 1/2 ton pommy jack.......incidentally,the pumping unit off the top was used by Leader for their cab tilt pump on the early trucks.

Lightburn Bumper Jack 15 Aug 2019 14:41 #202469

• werkhorse
  • werkhorse's Avatar Topic Author
  • TNT Historian
  • Thank you received: 475
Thanks guys... Bloody amazing... I had a feeling something wasn't right about the base plate.... But it'll do for what I want.... It's gunna be more a support leg than a lifting jack... Basically to stop the Ute leaning over when I lift.... Currently have a 40mm box section leg with holes and a pin... Which is never exactly the right height as I need
You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Lightburn Bumper Jack 15 Aug 2019 21:16 #202472

• cobbadog
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 303
When you follow the history of Lightburn you will find that they made commercial/industrial washing machines based on the style of concrete mixers with a small spin dryer in front of the barrel. Mum first saw them in a caravan park we used to go to each year at Harrington and when we got home it must have been an impressive unit as Dad had to buy one for us at home. It lasted for many years and when Mum decided it was time for an automatic machine the Lightburn was sent to the back yard and was used for Dad and my overalls. The thing was bullet proof but not rust proof and was its final downfall.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette

The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

Lightburn Bumper Jack 16 Aug 2019 19:23 #202489

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
Success.... Knocked off work a bit earlier today... Was dead quiet anyway... And spent about 3/4hr getting it sorted

Works a treat B)

Even made an adjustable mount for it and Jack handle

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Lightburn Bumper Jack 16 Aug 2019 19:26 #202490

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Lightburn Bumper Jack 16 Aug 2019 19:29 #202491

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
The crane is rated at 900kg, the hand winch at 1000kg (has 1:1/1:5/1:10 ratios) and the jack at a bit over 1000kg... More than enough for wood carting. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Lightburn Bumper Jack 16 Aug 2019 21:00 #202495

• cobbadog
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 303
Was it an ' up;ifting ' experience?

That is how I thought it would fit into the base and pivot for uneven ground. Great find and job at installing it.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette

Lightburn Bumper Jack 16 Aug 2019 22:11 #202496

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
One thing I leant real quick was to kick the base out a bit as ya take the pressure up.... They get a bit of a bend in em if ya don't.... About an 11/16 ram and it flexes a bit.

Gunna run it next weekend in the bush and see how it goes before I give it all a coat of jam

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558