Skip to main content

Lightburn Bumper Jack

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #211444 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lightburn Bumper Jack
Good job Werkhorse, reminds me of the ice-man and his tongs who used to deliver to my grandmother in Melbourne as late as the early 50's.

Lang
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Lang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #211458 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Lightburn Bumper Jack
Yes Lang... Very much the same basic principle... And it only cost me an hour if my life... Now to work out what I want to create next

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
3 years 9 months ago #211461 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Lightburn Bumper Jack
This design has had many uses and all are good. The first I remember was seeing a similar tool on the railways for picking up lengths of track and in an engineering shop lifting sheet metal only the jaws had teeth.
I don't remember the "ice man" from back in those days, maybe because of age but I do remember the "dunny man" collection the bog tin and capping it then throwing it up onto the back of the most powerful truck known in them days. It had 48
piss-tins. What a beauty.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 9 months ago #211463 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Lightburn Bumper Jack
I made a sort of double one to pick up the concrete pile bits I put my containers on.........silly me left it onsite ,and the thieveing Nigerians living next yard stole it and scrapped it as well as the steel ramps I was using.......Ill say one thing about the Afgans next yard,since they started the car yard ,nothing has been stolen ......previously ,tons of stuff was stolen ,and the crowd living in the house at the "Plant Factory"couldnt have missed it ...right under their windows.

Time to create page: 0.646 seconds