Yes, I am pleased with the end result and yes, I did follow the destructions to the letter which usually makes for a good result. I did manage to damge the paint on the tank when the bloody wind blew it off the bench when I went for a piss. SO I do have paint left over and it will take very little to prep the tank again so I will do that soon. In the mean time I have partly made a locking nut for the top link arm. This arm has an adjustable turnbuckle set up on it to make adjustments of the implements fitted but, it has a habbit of unwinding when travelling over bumpy dirt tracks when doing a trek. This same arm has a safety device that is suppose to have a cable run from a spring loaded part so if you get hooked up on something it pulls the cable and this disengages the clutch. So I have made the ring and bored it to the correct ID, drilled 3 holes equally around the outside for some handles to be welded to and I bought a 2nd hand
1 1/4" BSF tap to male the thread. Once made this will be painted with the tank. I ended up maling this for under $5.00 of steel and bought the tap for $25.00 delivered. To buy a nut the same size was going to be $60.00 + so I had the fun of making it and learnt another skill on the lathe using a boring bar. I will stick some pics up soon of thi new part.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Mrsmackpaul
The saying "Pissing into the wind" comes to mind. At least you were not doing that.
In my very limited knowledge of tractors, I have seen a steel bar hanging loosely through a hole in the adjustable turnbuckle. The idea is that the weight of it hanging off the turnbuckle prevents it from turning by itself but is easy for you to turn.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,