Skip to main content

Massey 88 or 85

More
4 years 5 months ago #203755 by Greenman
Massey 88 or 85 was created by Greenman
I have a Massey 88 and the Continental motor in it has a buggered camshaft an injector pump. I have also just got my hands on a Massey super 90 with a buggered backend.
Is it possible to take the Perkins out of the super 90 and put it in my Massey 88?
At this stage I’m thinking it can be done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203769 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Massey 88 or 85
I don't know for certain but if people can put a V8 in a TEA20 then yes would be your answer.
Go back and start making notes on the bolt patterns of gearboxes to diff, overall length from gearbox to front of engine, width of the engines and where it is going to and so on and don't forget to look at the tinware fitment and dash included. Could be a good little exercise to do.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203833 by Greenman
Replied by Greenman on topic Massey 88 or 85
So I have found out that this can be done. My problem I have now is the Massey super 90 I have is the multi power version which means I now need to find a flywheel to fit the standard 8 speed transmission.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203835 by Greenman
The project that I’m working on is to replace the continental motor in my Massey Ferguson 88 with a Perkins A4.302 motor out of a Super 90.
It will all bolt up ok but I now require a flywheel to suit the standard 8 speed transmission.
If anyone could tell me any places that may have one I would be very interested.
I have heard that u can machine down the flywheel out of the 1080 or 1085 with the bigger Perkins 318 motor so could also be interested in one of these but prefer a Super 90 Flywheel.

More
4 years 5 months ago #203839 by Bluey60
Hi Greenman
Don’t know where you are but best place I can think of would be Rural Wreckers at Inverell Phone No 0267254617
Very good to deal with
Cheers Bluey

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #203848 by hayseed
G'day Greenman, Mate I've spliced your 2 threads together. should make it easier if you (or anyone else) wants to go back & look something up..

Give these Guys a ring... Micks forgotten more about Perkins engines than most Blokes could google in 2 or 3 lifetimes..

therocktractorservice.com.au/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by hayseed.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204047 by Greenman
So just to update I have spoken to Mick at The Rock tractor service great bloke. He is confident I will not need another flywheel and the one I have will work fine. I am yet to split either tractor to find out but fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 5 months ago #204109 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Massey 88 or 85
Hi Greenman.
Is the Continental engine a HD277? I am after a couple of parts for my Case 800 Terratrac

Paul

More
4 years 5 months ago #204196 by Greenman
Yes it is Paul.
All parts in this motor are good except for the camshaft, injector pump drive shaft and injector pump.

More
4 years 5 months ago #204199 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Massey 88 or 85
Hi Greenman
I have sent you a private message, so that I can talk to you.

Paul

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds