We all been swetn on the progress for sum time
LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
3 years 5 months ago #216142 by BillyP
.Yep, great job there Cob..........
Now i can get some sleep...................
...........................Billy.........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216148 by asw120
Told ya!. Great news!
Once running, it can be tuned. All down hill from here. I can hear that beer cracking from here :)

Sounds like 2, or 3 turns out on the speed knob is in order.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by asw120.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216149 by JOHN.K.
These engines run much better with enough load to make them fire evenly....the stinky smoke disappears too.....a water pump pumping coloured water from a 200 l drum back into the drum makes a good load.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216156 by cobbadog
Thank you everyone who offered help and information and dont forget encouragement to get this bastard to make noise again.
I ticked a lot of boxes with this one. First engine I had to remove a flywheel off and it had to be 2 of them and they had to be stuck on and end up with broken gibb keys. A very stubborn injector needle that did not want to see daylight again and this was after it was soaking for about 6 years in diesel, that is at least how long I had the injector and the engine/s was way long before that. Sourcing some parts was easy and other near impossible so a big thanks goes out to those who kindly offered hard to get parts and tools and machinery to make this complete. With out their help it would still be a pile of parts under the house.
To assemble this engine when you never took it apart was fun to say the least. I studied the insides for how the governor weights should fit for a couple of hours only to find I had them arse about face. I now have achieved the things on my finished list, noise, smoke and an oil leak for weed control at rallies. The small oil pressure indicator button leaks oil. I tried to get this out a long time back. It is held in place with screws and 2 of them are up in the corner of the sump where I cant get my hand and screwdriver in there and have the power to unscrew it so it stayed there.
Next I need to get this outside and run it for some time to help bed the rings in. This obviously would be better if I could load the engine up with something. I do have a small water pump that could run off the belt but it has never been tested so that will have to be done soon. Although the ratchet strap belt worked today I am hoping that the belt I was looking at will turn up once I know how much postage will be.
Jarrod, you suggest some more speed on the speed control knob? Is this amount of thick black smoke normal at this stage or will it improve in time and under load? Hopefully it will quieten down a bit as I have a cracking headache now and cant take anything for it because of one of the meds Im on lately.
Cheers everyone. I will report back on any progress as it happens and next weekend is a 4 day trip with the van and Dee.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216158 by Sarge
Cobba, do you own an electric guitar, I reckon you have got a sure fire hit there, just wants a bit of Hendrix or Angus Young, awesome.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 5 months ago #216168 by asw120
Less speed, Cobba. These will run respectably slowly. I suspect that is already running beyond max revs.

Good on ya, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 5 months ago #216180 by cobbadog
Next time I bring it back to life I will put my rev counter onto it and bring it back.
It is a bit feisty isn't it?
Around here it was amazing I didn't hear dueling banjos joining in. The only music I make is snoring but I only do that when I'm asleep, so I'm told. I still can't believe it "lives" again and happy to have finally heard this run again after such a long time out of action and in the repair shop here.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #216183 by Southbound
Congrats Cobba
That exhaust note reminds me of 'Macca' on the farm when I was a kid.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Southbound.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 5 months ago #216184 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds