Skip to main content

McCormick WD40 Tractor

More
3 years 11 months ago #210146 by yassar
Does anyone know where might source a new radiator or good second hand, know of somebody who can recore it.
Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210148 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
Most radiator shops can recored. I had my Cropmaster done by a bloke in Port Macquarie. Best plan start ringing places and if they can't do it ask them who does. Mine required a core to be built from scratch and cost a lot.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yassar

More
3 years 11 months ago #210149 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
Thanks cobbadog I'll get the mate to ring around Dubbo.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210151 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
I've just had a new core made for a 1959 tractor that cost $1200 incl. The WD40 has a large core and will cost more, so it might be worth looking for a good s/h truck radiator of similar size and see what that would cost to get adapted and fitted Because the WD40 cooling system is not pressurized you will get by with an older core.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210167 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
I had my inter 564 record be Bendigo radiators, did a great job $700 but the new core was a poof teeth wider than the old one, in the end the radiator bloke squeezed it into the radiator shroud/panel, and there it stayed, as one piece.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210231 by yassar
Replied by yassar on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
I think when he adds that to a full engine rebuild kit from the states it going to be an expensive tractor.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210236 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
Does it get a free can of WD40 with the rebuild? :huh:

More
3 years 11 months ago #210237 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
The other option (apart from water dripping) is to find a suitable aluminium radiator ,generally be smaller than the current one,and fit that.Cost will be under $200......However the ally is paper thin and coloured inhibitor will be needed to stop the thing pinholing.........any stray electricals will quickly dissolve the ally ones too.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210247 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic McCormick WD40 Tractor
On that topic of corrosion and radiators, the guy who rebuilt my radiator suggested another product that is better suited for old engines and copper radiators. The name of it escapes me but there still is a container of it outside. He claims that normal glycol products are not suited to the older engines and radiators.
A bloke who I knew 40 years ago worked in the radiator business and he said get your multimeter out, remove the cap off the radiator and measure the resistance, then start the engine and check that again. If it increased he suggested an earth strap from radiator to frame.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds