Skip to main content

FIAT 411R

More
3 years 7 months ago #214364 by Fiat411
FIAT 411R was created by Fiat411
Gidday members i am new to this site so bare with me
My daughter has acquired a poor old mid sixties 411R..
That has sat in the bush for 8 years and prior to that has never had any maintenance by the previous owner.
i have got the motor running well now ( new diaphragm in the injector pump, new fuel filters and fuel, new oil and filters, and a big clean out of air cleaner system, hydraulic filter cleaned out under seat..not sure on oil level in hydraulics but has got oil!)
so motor Ok, but hydraulics don't want to play! ( barely any movement of linkage arms when lever operated fully )
not sure about depth control settings, etc.
is there another filter on the hydraulic pump on front of engine? or is there any other tricks with these old 411R hydraulics i need to understand?
cheers Col Hancock

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214365 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic FIAT 411R
Welcome to the forum

There was another thread on hear discussing this very problem on this model tractor

Maybe do a search

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiat411

More
3 years 7 months ago #214366 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic FIAT 411R
Only filter I can see in the diagram is the one under the seat......no other filters......suggest you fill the system full,it can only run over.....Diagram seems to show level half way on lift arm shaft.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214370 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic FIAT 411R
You will need to find the correct oil level first. Then next is to test again and if still no or little movement my best guess is a sticky valve.
As suggested there was another thread on this topic not so long back so try doing a search for your model tractor and you should get some interesting and helpful reading. There are a great little tractor and very reliable so wont be too drastic. oliver1950 may also have some helpful tips when he logs in.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214381 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic FIAT 411R
The hydraulic oil level (from memory ) is to fill up to the top of the fill plug, Looking from the back it is to the left of centre above the draft control spring. Below and to the rear of the main 3 point linkage lever is a smaller lever that changes from draft to position control. For position control the little wedge should be between the draft control spring and the housing and it must be pivoted out for draft control to work .
I have a service manual if there is any thing you want copied let me know.

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 7 months ago #214385 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic FIAT 411R
I feel there might be a little dip stick between your legs when sitting on the seat

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 7 months ago #214387 by oliver1950
Replied by oliver1950 on topic FIAT 411R

Mrsmackpaul wrote: I feel there might be a little dip stick between your legs when sitting on the seat
Paul

The 411R doesn't use the transmission oil for the hydraulics.

You can't have too many toys!

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #214390 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic FIAT 411R

Mrsmackpaul wrote: I feel there might be a little dip stick between your legs when sitting on the seat

Paul

Paul, I don’t think he’s supposed to use that to check the oil level. Could be painful. lol.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by overnite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Mairjimmy, Zuffen

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds