Skip to main content

The stuff you find in the shed

More
3 years 5 months ago #215587 by bparo
As people may know I pulled the ads for my XP Ute until people could move around as all it was attracting was keyboard warriors. have been sorting out the shed so I can fit my new dodge into it (It's longer than the XP and with the NDIS fitting an electric roller door to replace some worn sliding doors I need the length)

Anyway during the cleanup I came across some old Fram Filters that I had been given as fitting the XP . They are Part Number PH999. I went to the Fram Filters website and couldn't locate them so I emailed them. It turns out they have no record of them but acknowledge they made them and would like them for their Museum. I have emailed them back to see if they will cover postage and packing and hinted I would like to take Helen out for coffee and cake. I will keep you informed with what happens.

What other strange things have people found while cleaning up?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215588 by Mrsmackpaul
That's good they want to keep their history alive

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 5 months ago #215592 by asw120
I can't quite make out the year on that date.
The oil filter currently on the ASW was genuine NOS and dated 1975. They are dear as poison.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 5 months ago #215594 by Gryphon
Hi,

I have a box or two of old filters and I think there are some Fram filters in them. I also have a remote Fram filter housing with the dunny roll filter in it but I can't get it open to replace it so I just restored the engine around it. :(

Terry

More
3 years 5 months ago #215598 by cobbadog
That dunny roll filter would have been handy earlier this year with the shortage of same.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 5 months ago #215610 by bparo

asw120 wrote: I can't quite make out the year on that date.
The oil filter currently on the ASW was genuine NOS and dated 1975. They are dear as poison.

Jarrod.

the date is 5th July 19?8. The ? is probably a 5 but may be a 6. it definitely isn't an 8

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
3 years 5 months ago #215615 by werkhorse
I'll take a gander through some of my old filter cross reference books on the weekend and see if anything shows up ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo

Time to create page: 1.532 seconds