Skip to main content

585 header

More
3 years 3 months ago #217574 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 585 header
If you have access to an ultrasonic cleaner, they are pretty good at getting gunk off parts. Breaks up dried fuel residue and emulsion, etc. I use mine a lot.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217578 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 585 header

oliver1950 wrote: I used to set the blower fairly high,if it blew grain out I would adjust it back.That was a Canadian MF 510 20 ft open front.
One time I got a message back from the grain silo via the truck driver to"tell whoever is driving the header that he is producing the cleanest sample coming into the silo",made me feel good.

We tried all sorts of stuff including opening the fan right up
The biggest difference was achieved by closing the gap between the concave right up, it was no were near what the book said and opening the rubber flap onto the walkers to let the wind thru

It really was a sh$t show and we just battled on thru

Stripping oats must be a lot harder than wheat or barley as the grain is still enclosed in the plant unlike wheat or barley

Just glad its done, what a job

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #217600 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic 585 header
Hello Paul,
The 585 header was a capable machine, once set up it could produce a good sample. The threshing drum and concave need to be in good order with suitable clearance and speed for the grain type and weather conditions.
With cereal crops I reckon oats are an easier grain to thresh and clean.
Just finished my 75th participation in harvest, photo maybe no 3, an AL Sunshine harvester.
David.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by wouldyou.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

More
3 years 3 months ago #217615 by Mrsmackpaul
David I know these machines are well known for producing a good sample but I was way out of my depth

Interesting comment about oats, I know nothing at all about headers as I grew up on a potato farm, I milked cows for many years and also had a sugar cane farm in North QLD for many years

My mate who we are share farming with was supposed to have the good oil on this operation but it became very clear to me that he had not much more of a idea than I did :blink: :blink: :blink:

The whole show was a mess and one I'm not keen to revisit any time soon :lol: :huh:

It would be good to learn about headers but I doubt theresa header school going anywhere soon :dry: :dry: :dry:

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou

More
3 years 3 months ago #217646 by wouldyou
OK Paul,
When thinking about it yesterday I did consider describing the machine as user friendly, once set up and going it just did the job, however not by your experience,Now if you want to discuss hay balers (small square ones) there was no way of knowing how the day would go!
Cheers, David.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217652 by Mrsmackpaul
Yeah Im pretty sure the header was fine, but the problem layed squarely with the nut behind the wheel

Have punched out the odd small square over the years, was quantum leap when I got my first round baler, NewHolland 851 chain baler, went like the clappers and never gave trouble unlike more modern ones

Paul

More
3 years 3 months ago #217736 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic 585 header
Paul,

Might be a long shot but the pump stoke plate hasn't been moved right in and cut the fuel right off has it? I looked at a backhoe for a bloke and after much head scratching the 5/16 head bolts that holds the setting had come loose and rotated to minimum stroke and were not putting out enough to even fire.

Jacko.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
3 years 3 months ago #217744 by Mrsmackpaul
You would have to explain what part of the pump we aretalking about before I could answer that

Theres a picture on the first page of the thread, maybe explain to me off that picture might help as I'm not up on the pump lingo

Paul

More
3 years 3 months ago #217748 by wouldyou
Paul,
I have s/h pumps if parts are needed.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 3 months ago #217757 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic 585 header
Mrs

1.30 into the video you can access this plate from the little 2 hole cover plate on the side of the pump, just wind the engine over till both screws have been accessible

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds