Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

585 header 07 Jan 2021 13:47 #217764

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Mrsmackpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2400
That plate is still in the correct place as I can see the rust marks on it

I do wonder if the plungers are still a bit sticky in behind their, they were all gummed up at first were well and truly stuck
After freeing them up we got it to pump, shut off, and start pumping when in the run position

It just wont make pressure

Dunno will get it apart when we get a chance

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

585 header 07 Jan 2021 17:26 #217771

• Sarge :-X
  • Thank you received: 412
Stick to the header Paul, it will come good, I know less than you and only learned about my HB 2 the hard way. No value to you as it had a peg drum not concaves. Did learn that the riddle was upside down and back to front for doing oats. Peg drum was wide open, may have been tried on canola before parked under a tree. With wind and riddles right, I did a great sample. Sadly the rats chewed the elevator rubbers to bits and cancer became a problem. An awesome thing a header in full flight shaking and humming, chains belts cogs gears and shakers going like the clappers and tractor humming along.
Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

585 header 10 Feb 2021 06:32 #218676

• Mrsmackpaul
Well no further progress on header repairs

However the grain is stripped and will need to be cleaned

So I made some enquiries about getting it cleaned and it although there are plenty of people out there to clean seed none seem real keen to do ours as we are not set up at all like modern farmers

Modern farmers from what I understand auger out of 1 silo into the cleaner, then out of the cleaner its augered back into another silo

We are not that modern at all as we arent set up for grain at all

So we put the lot into bulka bags

So we will have to feed one bag in at a time and get one bag out a time and modern machines arent set up for this mucking about

So my mate reckons to put it thru the header again
While this has merits it wont clean it good enough to sell

You really need to have the right product to sell other wise it's a head ache all the way

So having this in mind I have been searching for a seed cleaner

And after looking for some time I found a suitable challenge

A "Hart Uni Flow" cleaner grader, yeah never heard of them either

Was bought out of WA and never used
I'm think all the covers etc were removed for transport and all were there on a pallet and pile on the ground near it, or at least it appears they are all there

So collected this on Monday instead of working on Mrs Mack as I was meant to

Will report back and let you all know how this adventure goes, should be interesting to say the least

Ordered a book online so will wait for that to arrive

Paul
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120, oliver1950

585 header 10 Feb 2021 08:20 #218680

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 928
Good luck MRSMACKPAUL, you are far braver than I am.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

585 header 10 Feb 2021 12:45 #218692

• wouldyou
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 137
Hello Paul,
You have a nice machine there, should handle four or five tons per hour, could go contracting with it!
At the top is either a blower or aspirator to get chaff and light stuff out, below that looks to be a screen which must be sized to let anything smaller than oats through.
The indent barrels below separate by length, the little cups in them pick up anything shorter than oats and drop it into a trough above and leaving the oats behind.
Barrel speed and level of machine is important, it all adjustable. Good luck with it.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

585 header 10 Feb 2021 13:40 #218693

• Mrsmackpaul
Thanks for the vote of confidence David

I'm sure it will work as there's not really a lot to it, at least it appears that way to my untrained eye

Im thinking it should be a goer as it's all free and turns over, I was surprised the farmer that got it sent over from W.A. son's looked it and said "Dad were not using that old junk" (thats what they told me, the sons that it is)

I'm more stunned because I never would of spoken to me father like that, even the family had chooks for generations, huge big poultry sheds, the lot are gutted as that doesnt interest the boy's

Kinda sad in my eyes, anyway the boys have run the show as they see fit

Paul

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558