Skip to main content

Osgood Crane

More
3 years 4 months ago #217169 by JOHN.K.
Osgood Crane was created by JOHN.K.
Might be a bit late,I suppose,but I just finished cutting up the old Osgood 200 crane for scrap at Willawong........had the usual would be collectors there,but the old crane was beyond saving ,unless it was something special.....One guy wanted the counterweight with "Osgood" cast into it......probably about 2 ton in it.........Funny thing was the fuel tank was a big lump of cast iron,and must have been full.......diesel spilled everywhere ,and then caught fire with the oxy ........I also started a fire a couple of days later that was heading for the caryard.......very hard to put out,even though a bobcat cleared the place down to dirt.........Good part was I got around $3500 for it.-($285 a ton).......there is several metres of fill in there now......And had the council "Rapid Response" team come about the protected vegetation.....Not my problem ,anymore.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217172 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Osgood Crane
With John's permission, I could put up a pic of the remains from a few weeks ago.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 4 months ago #217173 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Osgood Crane
Go ahead,Jarrod.......I was expecting to see the old crane on utube...some guys set up a tripod and video d for at least two hours........one said though ,it was disappointing that nothing broke ,or tipped over ,so it didnt have viewer interest.......Anyway,I m on the home straight now,but rapidly losing interest .....but first I got to get Titan to put my shed up......they got 95% of the money,and are just ignoring me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 4 months ago #217177 by asw120

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, ianoz, PaulFH, JOHN.K.

More
3 years 4 months ago #217179 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Osgood Crane
There is a local shed company here that also does nothing until 95% or more is paid for. They still call it a progressive payment. There account progresses up and yours down so in theory they are right. In the end my mate said not one cent more until the concrete slab is down and once cured the shed delivered or the Solicitor will be in touch and his costs will be yours.
Shed was completed within a month then final payment was made.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, JOHN.K.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218588 by JOHN.K.
I had a D7E blade ,reskinned by Telecom with new cutting edges .....I rang all the wreckers to see if they would give me scrap value plus a couple of hundred for the edges.........they all said it was too old to be worried about ,not worth the price of freight.....So I tosssed it in the bin Friday ,along with some other stuff I was saving.....Its all gotta go......the new owner is being very tolerant ,.....hes even asking my advice........last week he got an "Enforcement Notice " from the council over clearing protected trees and filling.........He needs me to say the area was regularly maintained(mowed/grazed).

More
3 years 2 months ago #218589 by JOHN.K.
Latest report from the "Wong........council (BCC) have served new owner with a "Enforcement Notice" and "Immediate stop work order"......its fairly complex ,and only covers part of what he s done /970 sq/m to be exact in sort of triangle......Anyway ,I havent done anything since before christmas,and was back Friday to look at the Councils notices,and whats going on.......the fill is finished ,and its topped off in some pale colourd stuff,which reflects the sunlight.........talk about heat....its an oven......and blinding......even with sunnies ,I was feeling faint ,and my knees are almost to the wheelchair stage ......but I gotta carry on.......fortunately someone I know went past ,and saved me,I couldnt get out of the scrap bin when the ladder fell over.......I have got old in a hurry,Im like an invalid .......Incidentally ,Jarrod pictures of the long grass might be good evidence against the councils claims.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218598 by asw120
I'll see what I can dig up.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOHN.K.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218615 by JOHN.K.
Thanks ,Jarrod ....Im not that concerned,I told him ten times to be careful of the VPO and the bio overlay.......council have also cracked up about how its a Koala wetland or something........there is a koala overlay on the plan too........Anyway ,he hasnt yet been served with the councils demands ,and I suggested he just roll over and give them $20,000 or so to make it right .......thats all the council want is money......he s not happy about that......

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #219881 by JOHN.K.
Well ,the Osgood isnt gone yet.....not completely.....i saved the two big gears and the winch shaft and drums ,the idea being a 3/4 size traction engine.......trimmed the weight a bit ,and decided to take lot home yesterday .......There was some doubt the whole thing would not fall off on the road ,but I made it OK ,two cheap yellow straps worked 100%.never moved .........anyhoo ,shoulda video unloading ,cause it happened kinda quick .....took off the straps ,knocked out the chock on the down hill side ,started to lift the small end with a bar ......next thing there is a crunch,crash ,thump and its on the ground in the exact place I wanted.......The old 1970s Triple M ally tray is incredibly tough ,few nicks ,gouge or two ,youd never notice........incidentally ,Titan have finished the shed ,one man job ......not bad money $7500 for the week ,and I had to give him $500 cash to work around two machines I d already put on the slab.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds