Skip to main content

Husky LT19538 Deck Repair

More
3 years 1 month ago #219376 by cobbadog
I bought this Husky LT19538 back in March 2013 as a end of model sale.
Well here we are 8 years later and there appears to be an issue. The deck now has almost more rust holes than deck. Almost each time I mowed I would connect the hose to the fitting, drop the deck on the ground and flush it out and would always leave a nice little pile of finely mulched grass on the ground. Never did I get down and look at all the grass that gets caught on top of the deck and that it holds water as well.
So yesterday I started the patch work repairs until I ran out of gas so will pick more up tomorrow. It just another challenge to have a go at and beat. Something I do need to improve on is cutting the patch to the size of the hole I just made, hence the wedge shape on the RHS.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219382 by Mrsmackpaul
The mower decks I find last a lot better if I never wash them

As do the bearings

A lot of people buy their own gas bottles for everything, I have found BOC don't charge any rental for argon these days, I'm not sure they ever did ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219384 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
BOC have always been price gougers and only competition from recent people like Bunnings has brought them to heel. Air Liquide was in the game with them.

I recently took back my two bottles and said keep them I am going to Bunnings and not paying over $300 for rental.

"Oh we can do better than that. We will beat Bunnings by $10 and give you a free refill every year"

"Where did this come from? I have in my hand a bill for $320 from you. If I had paid it you would have just given me a receipt, is that right?"

"Yes that is a normal bill but if you ask for the discount or mention Bunnings we can do the deal. I will process a $260 credit for you"

ACCC should be right on to them.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
3 years 1 month ago #219390 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
WOW, knowledge helps and now the word is out.
What size bottles are you using please? or do they do the same on the little bottle too?

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219391 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
I just have the "D: size.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Lang.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219392 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair

Mrsmackpaul wrote: The mower decks I find last a lot better if I never wash them

As do the bearings[/qoute]

I agree, I prefer to Blow It Clean with compressed Air..

A lot of people buy their own gas bottles for everything, I have found BOC don't charge any rental for argon these days, I'm not sure they ever did ?

Paul

CIG/BOC or whatever they're calling themselves these days are Pack of Price gouging Thieves. In My opinion..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by hayseed.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219394 by projectinter
Most tradies say BOC stands for Bunch of C....

Now I think my d size mig gas works out that the rental/account fee is $108 but you get a ‘free’ refill every 12 months which is all I use.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by projectinter.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219396 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
When I changed to supergas I took my BOC cylinders in and canceled the rent old mate said oh we can match them we are probably able to do a bit better
I told him the bill for next years rent had come and it was up on the year before and as I’d been a costumer for close to forty years if a better deal was available an old customer shouldn’t have to ask so it’s too late to get me back
Shouldn’t have picked on him he is only the poor bastard that has to deal with us cranky customers

Cheers Bluey

More
3 years 1 month ago #219399 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Too right Bluey about dropping them. I tell the person that I am dealing with to forward my thoughts onto the bosses as it is not fair that the front line people should wear the blast from irate customers. When you say that they are on your side and understand.

Well today I cut a chunk out and made half of the patch and it is now tacked in place and hope to do more tomorrow, Had a little issue with the MIG late today.

Attachments:

More
3 years 1 month ago #219412 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Cobba should be interesting getting the blades to all operate at the same height and angle.

I recently purchased an Iseki 72"out front machine and it would scalp one side of the deck.

Turned out someone had hit something very hard with the left hand spindle and bent the deck.

Once straightened it mows beautifully.

Good luck with your's, but you're a persistent old bugger and you'll get it there.

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds