Skip to main content

Husky LT19538 Deck Repair

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #220099 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
FEED BACK TIME.
This afternoon our sloping block near the top of a hill has dried sufficiantly to not only walk on but took the Husky out for a trial run. Very pleased witht he outcome, it cut evenly on both sides and was good to have it back in service.
There is a remote chance that the new belt I bought and fitted might be an inch too short because when I lift the deck up the blades start turning, this is not suppose to happen. I have connected the deck back up the way it came off and I now notice that when I lift the deck up it does actually move back a bit hence the blades start to turn. Might pick up another belt an inch longer.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #220101 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Cobba, my greenfield does that too. Asked at service joint, they said Yep, happens. Belt will stretch into place or something.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #220103 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
Thank you for the feed back Sarge, it doesn't make me feel so stupid. Even by comparing the old to the new the old was a tiny bit longer but very little. By the time I finished playing it was not as bad as when I started so I better run it a lot longer and get it stretched more.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #220106 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
My POS MTD does this. If I fit a new genuine belt the blades stop as soon as I hit grass. With a belt one inch smaller the blades won't cut out on the 3 highest settings. Annoyingly, factory belts come in fractional sizes! (eg: 59-1/4", or similar)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #220113 by Mrsmackpaul
A lot of farm equipment from yesteryear relied on belts slipping disengage and engage

I have found most modern belts are two grippy and wont slip on pullies as they should
Gates mowers belts that are Green and are mainly material seem to work the best and dont do this and most importantly last a long time

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #220121 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Husky LT19538 Deck Repair
What is probably happening is that the belt mis-alignment angle at the clutch pulley, combined with the extra tension, is enough to stop it free wheeling properly. Now that your deck is not flopping around like it used to the effect is more pronounced.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by mammoth.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds