Skip to main content

Identification of a Chamberlains John Deere

More
2 years 11 months ago #221220 by Sarge
I have not looked again but when I needed chamberlain shop manual for the back end of my tractor I found a museum in Western Australasian on line who for a donation would send a copy of the bitS of the manual you needed. I got excellent service cant rember the nAmerican, will search . Later.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221223 by JOHN.K.
Does John Deere still have the factory in Welshpool?....might be a factory historical collection..........someone said to me the other day.....youre talking about a 1970 model like it was made yesterday...it was fifty years ago......funny ,doesnt seem like it.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221224 by hayseed
From Memory; John Deere closed Chamberlain down in the mid/late 80's.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 11 months ago #221228 by wee-allis
Have used that Historical mob in WA over the years. Was $10.00 for a CD copy of almost any manual you needed. Can't think of them right now, but will try to locate one of my old CDs to get the name for you. Might take a day or two, but I think it starts with Ma????? a or similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 11 months ago #221232 by wouldyou
Could be Morawa.
David.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221256 by Sarge
Morawa might be right, but I don't remember the name. members.iinet.net.au/~caladenia_new@west...com.au/tractors.html

Worth a try.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221263 by JOHN.K.
There is a WA Chamberlain restoration group,with hundreds of restored tractors on road runs ,if you look at the pics..................however ,you have to join to get any further ,like information.......which I dont need .....However ,they dont use the Chamberlain name......JD is obviously still the owner .

More
2 years 11 months ago #221280 by wee-allis
Thanks Wouldyou and Sarge, that's the mob I dealt with. I see now the CDs have gone up to $15.00 but still very good value. If I was called to work on a tractor that I was unfamiliar with, I'd get the CD before starting so as to be clued up at the time. Saved me wasted hours and the customer money.

Having it on CD, I could download it onto the computer, print off the pages needed and have them in the workshop when I needed a refresher. CDs take up a lot less room than the hard copy manuals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds