Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wobbly pump 23 Jun 2021 19:30 #222689

• Bluey60
  • Bluey60's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 120
Had my Chamberlan Champion in the workshop to stick in a new clutch plate and noticed this I think l was lucky to find this before the drive shaft did a mischief to the bottom radiator tank
By the look of the alloy mount someone had had a go at welding it before wasn’t holding by much
Made a steel one and mounted it with the two pump mounting bolts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wobbly pump 23 Jun 2021 19:34 #222690

• Bluey60
  • Bluey60's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 120
Photos didn’t attach try again
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120

Wobbly pump 23 Jun 2021 19:50 #222692

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 776
Lucky indeed ...the Chamberlain radiator with the shaft tunnel in it cost $1500 ten years ago.

Wobbly pump 23 Jun 2021 21:25 #222701

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 1030
I know how much extra effort you have made toi fix the problem so you are lucky you noticed it, just unfortunate it had happened. Nice work on the bracket.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe.
STUBBOURN B@ST@RD

Wobbly pump 24 Jun 2021 04:54 #222708

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 1410
Chamberlain tractors were generally pretty tough in all areas except anything to do with hydraulics, didn't think pump mountings was a short coming but this goes to show even that can be a issue :ohmy: :ohmy:

Lucky find and a good repair

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Wobbly pump 24 Jun 2021 10:03 #222716

• cliffo
  • Thank you received: 67
Had a C670 once that the pivot pin on the front axle worked back and wore a hole in the sump. Luckily the operator stopped for a toilet break and noticed it just in time before all the oil leaked out
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Wobbly pump 24 Jun 2021 17:04 #222720

• JOHN.K.
  • Thank you received: 776
In the cranes it was only the tractors with with velevtdrive had the front mounted pump..........manual trannys had the pump driven off the PTO spline at the back of the gearbox......sometimes ,the small driveshaft through the radiator was so neglected the spline would jam up ,other times ,there would be a puff of red dust when the spline was piulled out.....never had a front drive actually chew up a radiator.....did have the rad damaged by the tranny oil cooler though,used to rub through the bottom tank......My cure was to fit a small cooler in place of the big one......good enough for pottering around the yard,although all the sandblasters cranes were registered for the road......I used to drive the manual cranes all over ,even over the river to the refinery,the power shifts would overheat the tranny if you tried to go over the bridge.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558