Skip to main content

BILLY

More
2 years 6 months ago #226786 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic BILLY
Running as it should now with no spitting of fuel out the carby.

You can see how different main jet tubes can be either right or wrong. In one of the pics you can see that the slide is all the way down and the other it stops before reaching the top of the needle. Both jet tubes are the same number stamped on them but very much different. I did use my jet cleaning tools to see if there was any dirt or crap inside but all was clean. You will now notice I have fitted an old blade holder off a Model 2 Victa to act as the flywheel for smoother running and it is working as such.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226796 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic BILLY
All these mowers at your place I expect the lawn is mowed quite often, just as well it has no blades, gotta give that grass a chance :silly: :silly: :silly:

Seriously though, sound and running much better

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 6 months ago #226807 by cobbadog
Yes Paul grass is almost always mown on a regular basis. With about 8 or 9 mowers ready for use including a PINK one for Dee it takes no time to do them. Since having the 3% road base laid and compacted for the back driveway the grass has been reduced quite a bit. The ride on mower thinks it has been retired. I tend to favour Big Bob, actual name on the mower from manufacturer, because it is a 22" cut and has large diameter wheels. I do like commercial mowers for this reason.
Billy now runs smooth and sounds as he should. Tomorrow after taking care of a few other things around the yard I will do the rope pull start video. I could not believe it today when using the leather cord starting rope it snapped ight in the middle so had to use the rope starter from"The Goat" my first mower at age 15, a Victa model 2.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226836 by cobbadog
They dont get much easier than this to start without jumping about. Bare in mind it now has full compression so can move a tiny bit but still with only one foot on the axle or front wheel closest to the side the rope is comming off from and keep the rope level with the pulley and it will stay put. Dee missed the first second or two but you get the idea.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226847 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic BILLY
Cobba

I smell a rat. Poor old Dee got the blame for missing the pull start. I suspect you went too far when editing the clip to erase the first 16 no-go pulls.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226860 by cobbadog
totally unedited but can do it again for the disbelievers if need be.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226866 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic BILLY
Just having a go. Well done, what next?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #226872 by cobbadog
Whats next? Well I hav some wok equipmen tup for sale in anticipation of semi retiremen from January so it got listed and then there is the rest of the concreting that can be done down the driveway now I know what has been done out the front has improved the caravan access. The last 1.5 tons has been dug out by hand and replacement concret mixed by han d in a small mixer and barrowed down the drive and into place. Estimate another 3/4 - 1 ton to go.
Get Dee up to Macksville hospital for her 2nd cataract operation. Do another trip away and it looks the Crank Handle Rally might be going ahead in November so if it does we will debut BILLY and some of his mates down there in the Richmondvale Railway Museum near Cessnock NSW. Deal with the most crazy time of year for work with Spring cleaning and Pre-Christmas rush then stand in line at the office for handing out a pension card.
Might have to get back to the McDonald and get it running better, continue with the leather belting and making a suitable belt to belt up a pump to the McDonald. Then sort out the big heavy Lister diesel 8hp twin flywheel radiator cooled high speed model and look mat moving it along to a new owner as it is just too heavy for me and my bung shoulders now to handle but love the noise of it when it runs. I have 3 more stationary engines under the house along with way too many mowers but a couple of them will be resurrected and the rest can find a new home. We have plans from about Autumn for a road trip to S.A. and Vic then other shoerter trips down through the Snowy Mountains Hydro scheme then a trip with our own caravan back to Tassie and meander about at a better and more enjoyable pace. Plus work in and around the Rallies and Shows we like to go to, just for starters. Goodness knows what Dee has as a surprise amongst that but it can only be good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #226884 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic BILLY
There used to be a house opposite the Archerfield airstrip had a front fence made of mowers stacked into a wall and vines growing all through them to hold them together ........havent noticed it in a while,probably robbed for old Victas since the prices went sky high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #226895 by cobbadog
Yes, I got a shock when I viewed some of the asking prices online for Victa parts and old complete mowers going or not.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds