Skip to main content

How old were you when you stopped driving ?

More
2 years 6 months ago #226486 by Mrsmackpaul
I dont wanna know how old you were but check out this bloke still having a crack

fb.watch/8u-ouwctTW/

Shouldn't need to be on Facelessbook to view it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Inter-Action, PaulFH, xspanrman, Swanny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226501 by Swanny
I think if he lived in Australia he be made to jump through all sorts of hoops & regulations for the bloody RMS & Workcover.Bloody good on him I take my hat off to him
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226503 by Lang
I am going to be difficult when my kids contact the doctor to withhold a medical.

"Yes your honour I am 90 and don't have a licence. I will note you have taken my licence away for a further 12 months for driving without a licence"

We had a bloke 90 on the last military vehicle trip to Alice Springs. He brought his brand new civilian million horsepower turbo Jeep and just for the hell of it did a bunch of circle work out the back of an industrial area. What are they going to do?

I doubt there is any way they can stop you owning a car just officially driving it. Having said that blind and Alzheimic might be a worry to others on the road and I might find the little buggers have hidden the rotor buttons.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226505 by Dave_64
Modern cars STILL have rotor buttons??
We havent advanced as far as I thought!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #226508 by V8Ian

Modern cars STILL have rotor buttons??
We havent advanced as far as I thought!
But have you noticed that modern cars no longer seem to be supplied with a crank handle?:ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #226518 by Mrsmackpaul
All this stuff might be true as a fella I know of, havent seen him for around 30 years had his truck license cancelled at age 90, had a feature about him in the home town news paper

Still driving semis everyday at 90 is a good effort, think he is 93 now, local rag had a right up about him a few weeks ago

Sadly we are all gunna be old and unwanted soon enough

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
2 years 6 months ago #226520 by Lang
OK if you are picky Dave they will hide the electric doohickey or maybe wheel clamp the car. No that won't work as my battery powered angle grinder works a treat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #226523 by wee-allis
I'll be happy if my kids are still talking to me by the time I get to that age. Hell I'll be happy if I GET to that age.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226527 by oliver1950
I had a friend who drove till the day before he died at 96. Always breezed through his yearly driving test.

You can't have too many toys!

More
2 years 6 months ago #226535 by Morris
Lang was that 90 year old hoon called John? His million horsepower jeep all covered in a military style wrap? A few years ago, when he lost his driver's licence for another year, he was on the cover of the Melboring newspaper The Herald Sun with the caption "Victoria's oldest Hoon." I know him well. He said he had the largest possible engine (I think he said 5.7 litres) put into the jeep from new. He also told me how much the vinyl wrap cost. He says "I have the money, so why not."

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds