Skip to main content

How old were you when you stopped driving ?

More
2 years 6 months ago #226536 by Lang
That's him.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226539 by cobbadog
I got a heaaaad start on some of the kids not talking to me and visa versa. Works well for me.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226547 by xspanrman
NMP's I think Norm Robinson was 84 when he stopped driving. I read a article that he was the last truck to go through Goulburn when the RTA or DMR opened up the Hume Hwy to bypass Goulburn.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226552 by JOHN.K.
The old guy next door to me is over 90 ,and still drives ....or did last time I saw him,as he visited some relations in NSW just before the boredr closures ,havent seen him since..........However ,I do know one collector has been put throughthe hoops to get the 1 year medical for QLD,doctor wants him to have thousands $ in tests........Must say tho,I warned him before the medical,to go to an Indian doc,not some Oz doc with a flash car who doesnt want any old drivers on the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226553 by prodrive
XSpanner,
I reckon old Normy Robinson was a good mate of Russell Hovey's, here in Geelong. i have a feeling that Russell still has that Atkinson in his hands.
I never knew him, but i often heard that he was a true gentleman..
And another- same fella?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 years 6 months ago #226576 by Inter-Action
My mum turned 101 early in September. When she received the letter from the authorities to tell her she had to give up
driving she screwed up the letter , and kept driving. Needless to say i had the car "stolen" one night, never to be found?
She never saw the car again and never drove again. She was 98 yrs old at the time.
Stubborn old girl , and that's why she is still going strong at 101 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 6 months ago #226586 by cobbadog
Dad stopped driving at just o ver 88y.o. and stopped towing his van nwhen he was 86 y.o.
As for me I "haven't stopped driving" Dee mad as yet.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226608 by Morris
I have a feeling I have put this up before but here goes (again?)

True story.
In the 1980's, a man in his late 80's or early 90's lived just outside Echuca, Vic. He regularly drove his Wife into town in their 1928 Morris Commercial truck. The problem was that he drove everywhere at 20 miles per hour and did not look left or right at intersections. He was a danger on the road.
The local Police had known him for years and did not want to upset him by taking his drivers licence away so they hit on the idea of putting the truck off the road as it was virtually falling apart, anyway.
The idea back-fired because the old bloke bought a 1952 Morris Commercial LC3 truck that was "only" thirty-something years old. His Wife told friends "The "new" truck is lovely, it has wind-up windows and everything." Pretty soon the Police had to give in and take his licence away.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #226609 by tim
Morris, when I first met John we were at a RAEME course in Chapel street Prahan. John had a Dodge weapon carrier fitted with a Caddilac V8 engine, at the lunch break he headed out the gate into Chapel street with all wheels spinning & a great exhaust note. Seems he has'nt changed in the ensuing years, that would have been close to 60 years ago. Cheers Tim

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by tim. Reason: wrong spelling of a word

More
2 years 6 months ago #226612 by hayseed
60Yrs ago Tim..??
You would've only been a Pup back Then, Mate...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds