Skip to main content

D.B. Work Light

More
2 years 6 months ago #227086 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic D.B. Work Light
Here we go with the pics of the work light.
First is the switch. After some soaking with Lanox it is still not moving so I took it apart and stuck it in a little tank and hit it with the electrolysis, so far, no good but not giving up.
Next is the glass lense cleaned up and re-attached to the reflector. You can just see a little rust through the glass but I am happy with what it is.
Then the bezel that holds the reflector to the light base.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227087 by cobbadog
Next is the light base. You cans see the 2 holes where the handle attaches to the body and were caused by the rivets which look like they were flat head nails burred over but were not really. Yesterday I bead blasted all the metal parts then ran out of time so I sprayed some primer on the lot to stop surface rust. I tried to solder a patch over the holes holding the patch underneath and soldering from the top but ran out of patience doing it this way so out with the U-Need-It and mixed up some plastic steel to fill the holes. Let that set and smoothed it off and primed it and it is not perfect but far better than it was. Finally the mounting bracket was roughly straightened and primed as well.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120

More
2 years 6 months ago #227149 by cobbadog
Well the switch is a write off. After soaking in Lanox, stripping it apart then electrolysis for a couple of days then some heavy handed hammer action it is rock solid and done with. Will pick up another switch when next in town and will look for a marine grade switch and hopefully a rubber boot as well. Found a nice new rubber grommet for the wiring to enter the base and then this morning morning I splashed some paint over the main parts. Still need to clean up the nuts and bolts as well as the nylon washers. So far this has been a nice time waster and achievement of what I wanted it to look like so when It is installed it will look right.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, allan, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227174 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic D.B. Work Light
I hope you didn't get any red overspray on the peg basket or you'll be in deep trouble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 5 months ago #227175 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic D.B. Work Light
Looks like a light load of washing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis

More
2 years 5 months ago #227180 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic D.B. Work Light
Coopernook's red light district?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 5 months ago #227196 by cobbadog
No problems with that peg basket, I made it out of shade cloth years ago to use when I used to hang the vertical slats out there to dry after I cleaned them. It makes for a great spray booth and baking oven on a fine day. As for the 'red light' area, I think your right, everything stops around here once these little jobs get done for a cuppa.
Well today I made the missing bracket that fits into the bezel that was missing and then did a trial fit and all is good so now they are out again and ready for painting along with the mounting nuts and bolts. I have the nylon washers and square screw blocks soaking in some CLR to clean them up. Hopefully tomorrow I can buy the new switch and suitable paint for the nuts and bolts that I want them to look like. I'm fairly happy with how this is turning out just quietly.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227200 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic D.B. Work Light
Cobba, I've changed my mind!!!! I need it back sorry...... LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
2 years 5 months ago #227218 by cobbadog
I've lost your mailing address, sorry. :P

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #227319 by cobbadog
Finished product ready to install. Also you can see another project, a flat leather belt I bought while out at Gilgandra and Coonabarabran. Initially it was as stiff as the proverbial but some Linseed oil has softened it up nicely and is soft and pliable and although looks a bit 'how ya going' I cannot tear it across the belt so good enough. So I punched a few holes and bought some new lacing and had my first attempt at lacing it together. I now have another 2 belts to do.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds