2 years 3 weeks ago #232692 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Triang Trains
Interested. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232722 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Triang Trains
The three brothers that started the company had the surname Line, and well you guessed it, three lines make a Triangle

Triang also made big trains, big enough to ride in, like the ones in parks

And they made town roads instead of train tracks withe electric cars, trucks and buses drove around on, they had round abouts and the like with points beneath the road so you could control traffic

This would also work in with the train tracks

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232723 by Mrsmackpaul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232724 by Mrsmackpaul

So not the steam engines, the little electric trains that look like British locos from the 50s and 60s

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232728 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Triang Trains
How on earth did those double decker buses not tip over. Great info on the nameing of the product, I nev er thought about it until you mentioned it. The layout that came home amongst many other things has HO scale car chassis with motors, how many, I dont know as yet they are at the ery bottom of a box of parts.
I did get a couple of photos today but had no time to post them up, sorry so hopefully tomorrow.
Todays effort in trying to work out the control panel and what switches / buttons do what has been a nightmare. Only labels are numbers and or letters and since this was designed and built by a Dutch electrical engineer much of the scraps of paper mean nothing to me as yet. A couple have allowed the penny to drop as to what they might do but not certain as yet.
Another challenge is following the wires, all twisted up together with sme colour wire used on each of the 3 (at least) circuits, so I find this a bit unhelpful. After a couple of hours arse up and trying to sort through the control panel the eye strain and headaches come on o I get up and have a break away from it.
The good news so far is that I now know how to do and use 3 things. One is to switch on the 'village lights' and 'track lights' but some of the bad news is that out of all 4 switch outs only one works electrically and the rest are lets say broken if you get my drift. Next is to try and get power to the 4 tracks. So far I have not been able to get any of them live. I know I do like a challenge but at the moment it is pushing the boundaries of our new friendship.
I also have not had time to test the locos that came in the deal nor sort out carriages. Being just a bloke, one thing at a time is the rule of thumb.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232730 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Triang Trains
Cobbadog, regarding double decker busses toppling over, somewhere in my collection of "Old Motor" magazines, one has a cover showing a London Double Decker on a test bed that tilts it and has big clock faced gauge to show you the degree of tilt. I think from memory, it shows 30 degrees.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232732 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Triang Trains
I liked the blue steam wagon towing the caravan. I don't any steam wagon ever went that fast.

Morris, I came across that same photo only a couple of days ago!

Cobba,

Why not break out the multimeter and bridge the track you want to get power to and then try connecting the other end of random wires until you get a reading or beep.

The other option is to start again with the wiring!

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #232735 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Triang Trains
I watched a program some time back on the new model London double decker buses. They have improved the suspension so much that they are put onto a skid pan at a nominated sped and do 180' and a 360' spin. All that happens is a bit of a lean and then sits up straight again, fantastic to watch.
Yes I will be introducing 12v possibly from a battery jump pack after I have tested the output of both power supply units., yep it has two of them.
So here are a couple of pics.
Behind the control board is this mess and half of it appears to do nothing.
A 3 stage look from the control board end, at the layout from left to right.
The face of the control board and most of it is double dutch. Some of the buttons came from a push button radio some resistors 3 of and another missing completely. A pair of VU meters from a sound system, what these do is a mystery but maybe showing the power or speed of the train when running. On the LH side there are a line of push buttons running vertically, these cannot be pressed as they are below the level of the board. To the Right of them is a line of buttons with LED lights above them these buttons are push pull and unknown use. The panel above that with 8 buttons is a total mystery. Above that and the VU meters is a switch for track lights and a dimmer to the left of the switch.
Toggle switches 1 - 4 are for track number but 5 & 10 are a mystery. C8 is unknown but is a 3 position switch, 2,3,4 with buttons above and below are to operate the turn out points but only 1 works as the others the motors are stuffed. 9 - is for the flashing lights at the crossing and a resistor beside it. Bottom row of switches are yet to be worked out apart from #1 which is for the village lights.
You all now know what I do about this challenge.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, asw120

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #232808 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Triang Trains
Cobbadog, that Looks like a complete fustercluck to Me...you've got far more Patience than I have...!!

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/28029

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/28033

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #232810 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Triang Trains
Cobba, if you need a hand to sort it all out, just call Rod Stewart. He loves trains. Just google his train set. It will blow you away. Yes, I know he probably doesn't put it together or maintain it, but it is still mind blowing.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds