Skip to main content

Luxury ride on lawn mower

More
2 years 2 months ago #230684 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
Zero turns are the way to go with relaxed sitting position and fingertip control. Should have heard the squeals when she first tried it but now can't get my Mrs off it. Only trouble is she also uses it as a grader/stump grinder/etc/etc
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #230685 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
Steve

Lucky you don't live on a steep block or she might not be so excited (or too excited). They are certainly wonderful in most circumstances but there have been some exciting rides on hills with zero turns. The old ride-ons still have their place I reckon.

Lang

More
2 years 2 months ago #230693 by Mrsmackpaul
I bought the Princess a zero turn years ago for a birthday present, the local CaseIH dealer didn't believe me when it I told them it was a birthday present, then they got nervous

Little did they know, the Princess loves lawn mowing and getting her off it is near impossible until it gets dark

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 2 months ago #230697 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
Every mower has its good and bad points and they all have a place in the line up of toys but I don't have a zero turn, yet.
As for buying unusual birthday presents I thik it took a lot of guts to buy a machine centre for the missus for her birthday. A member of our club who has now passed away braged about it at a Rally once with his dearly beloved sitting right next to him with a huge smile.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 2 months ago #230705 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower

Steve

Lucky you don't live on a steep block or she might not be so excited (or too excited). They are certainly wonderful in most circumstances but there have been some exciting rides on hills with zero turns. The old ride-ons still have their place I reckon.

Lang
I bought a 50 inch cut zero turn mower some 10 years ago to look after our 6 acre house block. As I have some very steep sections, I experienced just those situations Lang raised. My quick solution after sliding into fencers, gardens etc was to fit a pair of quad bike tyres on the drive. Problem solved. It is now not only a "go anywhere" machine, but an added advantage, as I go around the edges of gardens, the inside tyre gently removes and weed shoots where the Roundup "whipper snipper has been.

6 acres in 41/4 hours will do me. And yes we do have a ride on for other garden uses.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #230707 by oliver1950
I also live on a steep property with 5 acres of lawns and gardens. I felt unsafe on a normal ride on so upgraded to a 62 inch cut John Deere x595 4wd problem solved

Photo from Tractor Data,I couldn't find my photos

You can't have too many toys!
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by oliver1950. Reason: credit for photo
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, roKWiz

More
2 years 2 months ago #230711 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
I was warned off buying a Zero Turn as you can't hold a beer and steer properly.

On my Iseki out front I've found if I put a beer in the drink holder it goes flat in a few minutes due to the vibration.

Simple solution is to drink faster and carry an Esky with supplies!

More
2 years 2 months ago #230716 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
Zuffen, you can now Buy Joystick controlled Zero turn Mowers.. Problem solved..

Joystick in one Hand ...... Beer in the Other..:)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

More
2 years 2 months ago #230721 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Luxury ride on lawn mower
I like to take my time mowing 3 3/4 acres with lots of trees. Having killed the cutting deck on 2 MTDs, I have gone to an ancient, blue Rover Rancher2. It's built like a tank compared to the newer machines. It has a smaller cut, so I get to drink more beer :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #230727 by Mrsmackpaul
As a young fella working in the Wide Bay area of QLD a farmer I was working for told me that "the only gardening worth doing is done from a tractor seat" I do wonder how some of you dehydrated lawn mower drivers would go on a full size tractor while trying to rehydrate, no cup holders on any of my tractors and everthing happens pretty quick when its going pare shaped on me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway I guess once the pare shaped happening had happened you'll have a drink handy :lol: :lol: :lol: :ohmy: :huh: :huh:

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds